Chapter 4

Cal POV:

When he disappeared Mare disappeared with him. I looked around. I knew shielding spells were difficult and he'd have to break at one point. I hear the distant rumbling of a ship outside and I realize he is leaving. I run outside and see it taking off, taking Mare and Maven with it.

I run back inside and start to form a plan. The children are still huddled inside with terrified looks on their faces. I use my fire to melt the wall. Their faces still shocked. I always end up forgetting I took shelter with the reds.

"Go get your parents and tell them what you have seen!" I order them, and they scurry off. They looked quite afraid but I couldn't focus on that. I had to find a way to get to mare.

All the parents get to the dining hall. Their faces change from worry to anger as they see the mess of the dining hall. They are in for a shock if they think I did it.

"Listen, we all thought Maven was dead but he isn't. He took Mare on the ship that just took off." When I say this Kilorn comes barreling in. I think the only part he heard was the end. He walked toward me.

I grabbed his arm and dragged him into another room whilst the people started murmuring.

"How could you let him take her!" He hissed at me. He was going to blame me and I knew it from the beginning.

"You think I wanted this! He used invisibility there was no way I could've gotten him without hurting Mare or the children." I say. He flinches at the thought of Mare being taken.

He shakes his head while looking down. "How did he get her." He mumbled . He went from angry to tired. He had probably been woken up from all the commotion.

"A silent stone knife, I don't know how he got one though." I said and he flinched again. It was probably hard on him, his best friend had been taken by my brother and is probably being tortured. I grimaced at that last thought. I wouldn't blame him if he hates me. I would too.

IM SO SORRY. I'm going to upload again tonight ust to show how sorry I am. wow Ive been off of it 2 months. Ouch, I really am sorry.