Dreams

My name is Elizabeth Rose Chase. I am mourning the loss of my friend Lily Torchwood. I wish I'd known her better. Even though I've known her my whole life, when I thing about her, all I get is a blank. I don't know her eye color, hair color, sound of her laughter. I wish I did. I should. I live on my own in a treehouse I made in the Black Jungle of South Minecraftia. I ran away when I was little, on a horse named Helen. I have a small farm, herd of cows, and a flock of sheep. I live alone and enjoy the serenity.

At night, I am haunted by a man with white eyes. He speaks to me, but I hear none of what he says. He holds a diamond sword and a red potion. Then a man with the wings of an angel flies down and kills the man with white eyes. When this happens, no matter how strange the man who dies seems to be, I feel great sorrow every night, at the death of this man. And every night I cry. Who is this man? Why does the other hate him so much? Why am I shown this?

But tonight was different. Tonight I heard him. We stand in my yard.

"You have not changed one bit since I last saw you. I knew he lied. Things are about to get very difficult for you, but know I will always be here for you."

I stared at him. He looked back sadly.

"You don't remember me do you? He said you wouldn't. I miss you. Good bye."

Then again the angel came and killed him. Again I cried. Then I woke up. Someone was yelling for help. I went to my chest and took out my emerald sword. Climbing down my ladder, I turned to the direction of the voice. I ran and ran through the tree tops. The person was in a pit. Around him were zombies and his leg was twisted awkwardly. He looked up and saw me.

"HELP!!!!!"

"COMING!!" I swung down and sliced at three zombies. More took their place. I sliced again, intent on keeping this man safe. One of them bit my shoulder but I just killed it and kept fighting. Duck, slice, roll, stab, slice, turn, stab, stab, slice, duck, stab. All the zombies laid dead. I helped him up and he looked at me gratefully.

"Thanks. What is a city girl doing out here in the Black Jungle?"

"I'm not a city girl. I ran off and I live here now. Problem?"

"No. It's just.......nothing. Never mind. What's your name? I'm Steve."

"I......" mind blank, "Liz."

"You don't seem so sure?"

"I'm not. Yep Liz. My name is Liz."

"Well hi Liz."

"You seem cold. Want to come back to my place and get some dinner? Maybe stay the night till the monsters go?"

"Sure." Now that he was standing, I could get a good look at him. He had ripped jeans, black Converse, a black hoody with a diamond sword on the back, sandy blonde hair and warm brown eyes. I've always wanted brown eyes. Mine are grey.

We got back to the treehouse without any monsters. I put my emerald sword away and put some pork in the furnace. Steve sat down at the table and took out some redstone. He tossed it around and made small circuits on the table tops. The pork was done cooking and I gave one to Steve. When I was done, I took out a hoe, shears, and a bucket. I went and farmed and replanted all my crops. Then I went to my animals and collected eggs, wool, and some milk. With nothing else to do, I put those away and went to sleep. I dreamt of that man again.

He walked out of the fog and held his hand out to me. In it was a ring. He tried to speak but the angel killed him quicker, before he could tell me anything. Then the angel spoke.

"You have done well Elizabeth. I am Notch and I created you. Stay away from that man with white eyes. He will be your downfall. Beware the full moon."

Then I appeared outside huge gates. Beyond them was a magnificent palace. But it seemed wrong somehow. In some places the paint seemed burned and the windows were broken. The grass was brown and the trees were bare. Smoke rose from the roof. Fog flowed from the ramparts. I know this place. It should not look like this. Then a pair of white eyes appeared in one of the windows. I jumped back and woke up.