Meeting Jack

Cold water splashed on my face. I breathed in sharply, opened my eyes, and glared at whoever looked guilty of waking me up with water.

Steve was holding a bucket and laughing. Then he turned to a figure in the corner.

"Ok Jack, cough up those iron."

"She didn't punch you yet."

"I have something better for him. Good morning Steve." I smiled brightly at him. I walked to him until I was within arms' difference. SMACK! My hand collided with his face.

"NEVER wake me up like that again. Jack, I'll take that iron please?"

"Here." He took 5 iron out of his pocket and gave it to me. I went to my chest and put it with the other iron. I noticed Steve had put the ores from mining in the chest too.

"Now, Jack. Who are you and why are you in my house?"

"I am Jack Taymore. The person you tried to kill? Remember me? In the Herobrine shrine?"

"Sorry. No. Steve did I try to kill anyone?"

"Yes. You tried to kill me, then Jack saved my life by distracting you. You were pretty good with that sword. I've never seen anyone fight like that. Then you blacked out. We brought you back here and you've been out for almost a week."

"And since you were out, Steve bandaged all those cuts you gave me. It was like you knew all the chinks in my armor. Well.......I'd best be off. Good bye Liz." He climbed down the ladder and ran off into the forest.

"Jack!" I yelled to him. I just want him gone. "You can stay!" Where did that come from? Steve can help me with everything I need.

"You're sure?"

"Defiantly!" What? Too late to go back now.

"Steve? I didn't hurt you right? I mean.....I wouldn't......its just.....I had no idea what I was doing............I didn't did I?"

"No.......But you came pretty close. I was scared not of the sword but you. your eyes weren't normal. They were red. And glowing. Your whole body was glowing. It wasn't you.............anyway. Hungry? I'm starving. I think there is some pork in the furnace from last night."

"Yea sure." But my mind was elsewhere. What did the sword do? Then I remembered the voices, urging me to kill all them. I shuddered. And glowing? I must go back to that mine. To find out what happened.