Diamond Heart

I sat in the darkness for......I've forgotten how long. Minutes became hours. Hours became........I dare not count. I just sat there in the black. I felt nothing. The air was stale and the stone was cold under me. I thought, 'Of all the times I've felt utterly hopeless and worthless, this has got to come out on top a very long list. Here I am, lost in a maze, on my wedding day. Or not. That day could've come and gone by now. How can I let them hurt me so much? No more.' I decided, 'No more shall they hurt me. No more shall they walk over me. No more. No more. No more. None of this. No more.'

@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#

I told you she would figure it out.

No you didn't. You said she would die no matter what! People will die.

THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE DO! That is because it is her destiny. All people die, it's just a question of how and when. 

Then tell me. Now and when. What have you seen? Tell me.

This is what we have seen. The darkness held only one thing- the end of life itself. All shall die and burn. And this is only the beginning. Your superiors dared you to fix it. I dare you to fix it better.

$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%$%

Ender? Rosetta? 

Hello Lily. Do you understand what I meant when I said things would get harder?

No. I can never understand this. I just want it all to be over. No more. I'm scared Rosetta. How can I get out of this?

You are so strong. Get up and keep walking to your left

I walked along in silence. Rosetta stayed quiet. The path stayed the same. Ever the same, ever dark. The walls stayed cold. I saw a spot of light at the end of the tunnel. The light got bigger. I could make out a door and on the other side of it, trees. I was getting out. I kept going. I ran. I ran to the door and hurled it open. Warmth flooded me. I looked up to the sun gratefully. I felt all my worries leave me. When I was done basking in the sun and looked down, the wedding dress had vanished. In it's place was a pair of black combat boots, black jeans, a grey T-shirt, and a worn dark brown leather jacket. My hair was pinned up in a messy bun and on by back was a scabbard. I reached back and pulled out an emerald sword. My emerald sword. It glowed softly and emerald colored mist floated off it. The blade was freshly polished and the green sword gleamed. Emerald runes pulsed with light. It felt good to finally be out. No more maze. No more dress. I decided then that I won't let anything bother me. No more pain. No more hurt. No more sorrow..............

A cry echoed from the maze. No. No Lily. I am not going back in there. I don't care anymore. No one can hurt me. Not back into the darkness. No more black. Nothing. I won't let anything hurt me. The maze was enough. I am done. Another wail, this time accompanied by that moaning from before. No more. Stop it.  What if that was Nya? Nah. Amber? Yes. No. No no no no no no.

If they die, you will never forgive yourself.

Rosetta. No. I refuse to be hurt anymore. No more. I'm done with all of this.

I understand your fears. 

NO YOU DON'T!!! YOU HAD EVERYTHING WITH HEROBRINE!!!!!! YOU EVEN GOT TO MARRY HIM!! I ALMOST WISH I WAS DEAD BECAUSE THAT SEEMS TO BE THE ONLY RELIEF FROM ALL OF THIS!!!!!!!!

YOU KNOW NOTHING!!!!!! Her voice rang deafeningly loud in my head. I did get to marry him. Then I met a fate worse than death. I lingered on, cursed to see all of time and space and endure it. To repeatedly see my love in danger and pain. To know that in all of time and space, I cannot lift a finger to help him. I envy you. Adventure. A challenge. How can you say I do not understand heartbreak. How can you say I do not understand pain? And now I serve you, a silly,feeble minded girl who cannot see past a small wave of pain. It sickens me.

Ok then......If that is how you feel then how about we each take a time out. Shut up for a few years? You said all of time and space to a few years must be the blink of an eye for you huh?

Fine.

Fine. 

I decided to let nothing worry me or hurt me. No more. This time, my hope is dead. In it's place lies a diamond heart.

&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&&^^&&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^

I hope you enjoyed it. I don't usually ask for this but I'd like to try 10 votes on this for next chapter. It tells me that I'm doing something right and you all like it. I am open to praise, ideas, or even criticism in the comments. If you do have an idea, please tell me because it my end up in the book.

Also, I may be taking this story and putting the characters in a Hunger Games scenario but I need more characters. Please either msg me or comment me with your character. Setup follows:

(Name of Character)(Gender)

(Features of character=eyes,hair, tall or short,)

(Weapon and talents)

(Username so I can give you credit)

-MOO