CHAPTER FIVE: NEGAN'S CHOICE

"This is all just so we can pick which one of you gets the honor." He walked over to Abraham as he stood up straight, showing no sign of fear or cowardice. "We've gotta shave that shit." Negan claimed, brushing a hand over his own beard. He walked further down the line, coming next to Carl. "You've got one of our guns." He bent down to Carl's height, picking up the black handgun. "Yeah. You've got alot of our guns." Carl stared into Negan's eyes, not loosing focus. "Kid, lighten up. At least, cry a little." he goaded Carl, laughing at him in the process. He returned to a stood position, shoving the gun down the front of his jeans. He walked back down the line, coming to me. "You've got a witty mouth Blondie. We could use someone like you down at our camp. Be something nice to look at as well." He grinned, continuing down the line to Maggie. My heart pounded. 'Please not Maggie, please don't.' My breathing became irrational and shorter.

"Jesus. You look shitty." Negan exclaimed, dragging out each word. " I should just put you out of your misery right now." He raised his bat up, beginning to swing it. "No!" Me and Glenn shouted out, pleading for her not to be harmed. Glenn made a move for Negan with Maggie shouting out for him to stop. He had a crossbow pointed at his head with a man holding him but the neck of his shirt. "Nope. Get him back in line." Negan ordered, shaking his head as Glenn was dragged back to his position in the line-up. Glenn shouted "No" with Negan laughing at him. "Alright listen, don't any of ya do that shit again. I will shut that shit down, no exceptions." He found this all to be comedic as he said. "First one's free, it's a emotional moment. I get it." He stared at Glenn, as he was shaking in fear of what Negan could do to Maggie.

Negan looked back and forth between Carl and Rick, while swaying his bat and grin growing on his face. "This is your kid? Right?" he laughed, making his way over to Carl. "This is defiantly your kid!" Rick had taken to much. "Just stop it!" he exclaimed. "Hey! Don't make me kill the future serial killer! Make it easy on me. I gotta pick somebody." Negan began to walk down the line of us, whistling the same tune that we heard in the wood. " I simply cannot decide! I got a idea." he came to Rick, point the top of the bat at him. He began to sing "Eine, Mine, Mine, Mo." while pointing the bat at each of us in the line. "I wouldn't worry about you doll. You're safe." He grabbed my face in his gloved hand, squeezing it a little before releasing me and continuing the song. Many of the group began to cry silently, I felt so guilty.

Whatever infatuation Negan had towards me was going to save my life but meant someone else would take the hit.