CHAPTER FIFTEEN: TIME GONE BY

Negan was annoyed, when wasn't he though? 

I had been avoiding him like the plague, keeping out of his sight and leaving the room whenever he would parade in with Lucille swinging at the side of him.  He kept asking me questions about Maggie, or the 'widow' as he would call her. I had never been the best at lying, even a stranger would see right through my deception. I didn't want to give anything away, as I knew that Negan thinking she was dead would be good for the upcoming war. I didn't mean to be so dramatic but  that's what was going to happen, Negan most certainly wouldn't back down and Rick would gather as many people as needed to restore faith in his leadership. I had a feeling at the pit of my stomach, the guilt coming over me like a wave whenever he would ask about Alexandria. I knew why I felt like this,  it was one of the reasons why I had avoided Negan for so long. I was slowly becoming sympathetic towards him and the Sanctuary.  What we did was wrong but we were protecting ourselves and our family, why did that make me feel so guilty? 

I walked down the corridor that led to the mess hall for breakfast, before I had to go to my laundry duty for the day. I looked like a mess, even more so than would be expected of a post-apocalyptic young woman. The bags under my eyes were dark and heavy, my skin was dry and I had started breaking out a little, due to lack of sleep. I could feel my body shutting down on me, my inner subconscious begging to be taken back to bed. It was getting stupid and I had to get myself out of this funk I had found myself in. I turned the corner of the hallway when a strong grasp on my lower forearm pulled me sideways into a dark room, the door slamming behind me. 

___

"What in the hell?!" I screamed, before the mystery placed a hand over my open mouth.  "Shh, Daisy. I'm here to help." My eyebrows raised in a confused manner, and I turned out of the person's grasp. "Who are you?" I asked, looking for a lightswitch on the wall. The dim, yellow light flickered on, revealing a older man in his late thirties. He had a little bit of grey in his hair, most predominantly on the sides, his hair slicked to the left with it hanging down the side of his cheek. He had a small smirk on his face, reminding me of Negan when he was plotting which camp he was going to steal from next. "Hello, you are Daisy? Right?" he asked, looking at me. I nodded slowly, wondering how he knew who I was. "How do you know who I am." he laughed. "Who doesn't? You're Negan's favourite, everyone knows you." I looked at him, with a stern face. "Well, I wouldnt say that. I'm just one of the many playtoys he has at his disposal." Knowing my words were true, hurt me in more ways than one. "I know you don't know me from Adam, but I'm here to help you." I scoffed, "My problems aren't going to be solved by one man, never mind one man alone. Don't you get it? Negan is everywhere, Negan is everyone, Negan will find out everything eventually, so what is the point trying?" He laughed again. " Rick said you would say something like that, I'm here to take you home Daisy."