CHAPTER TWO: LAST DAY ON EARTH

"Rick, we need to do something. Maggie needs a proper doctor; we have to get her up to Hilltop as soon as possible." Rick sighed, looking over at the tanned blonde. "I know Daisy, but the Saviours are around every corner we seem to turn. It's too dangerous."

"But if we don't her baby could die, Rick!" I tried to explain to Rick, while holding back my tears. Taking a deep breath in, he ran a hand through his hair. "Okay, we'll move in a couple hours. Get everyone ready for a fight." A sense of relief came across my face. "Thank you." I said, walking out of the room to tell Maggie the good news.

_________

We had been driving along the road for a while now, me at Maggie's side the whole time. There was no way I could leave her, I felt too protective of her and the baby. She was currently sleeping when Eugene tapped me on the shoulder. "You go and relax, I'll watch over her." He said, giving me a smile. I walked to the front of the RV as it came to a halt. "What in the world?" I thought, grabbing a gun joining the others outside. They were all staring at a wall, made from thick logs. "These tracks... They would indicate not only do they have people but some big ass toys and capabilities." Eugene stated, looking at the dark truck tracks in the pale gravel. "What they indicate is that we are up shit creek without a paddle and our mouths wide open."  Rick looked over at Abraham before a man screams caused us all to look behind. I raised my gun pointed at the man who was dangling by a metal chain. "Don't." Rick exclaimed. "We can't just leave him hanging there Rick, it's barbaric!" I tried to reason with him, shaking his head. "We need the bullets, Dais."

I knew he was right, but I felt so guilty. We watched as the man choked, trying to get the chain off his neck, before dying. The logs caught fire, making us all turn around. "You better go. It's going to get hot. You go get where you're going."  I started firing my pistol at the wall in a rage, Rick grabbing my arm trying to control me. "You are sick bastards, the lot of you!" I shouted at whoever was behind the wall, as Rick picked me up signalling everyone to get back in the RV.

I made a promise to myself in that moment; I would kill the person in charge of this group.

negan hasn't made a appearance yet but he will soon, this is the build up x