CHAPTER ONE: THE BACKSTORY

Daisy had no one before she met Rick's group, surviving on her own since the world went to shit a good few years ago. Nobody bothered with time anymore, every day was just as fucked as the last, so why count?

Daisy had been with Rick since terminus, she too was fooled by the signs leading to a survivor's salvation. Believing she wouldn't have to run anymore, wouldn't have to be constantly watching over her shoulder but boy was she wrong. She had been locked up in the same cart as the rest of them, shocked to find her pale as a ghost and seriously underweight.  They didn't understand how she was still alive when she told them she had been in the cart for 4 months prior to their arrival.

Rick made a promise to her that they would look after her and from that moment she trusted Rick with her life. She told him the horrifying stories of the many men who used her and other women as sex slaves, dragging them out of the cart, just to be tied up and raped. Only keeping the girls alive for that reason and that reason alone.

She was forever grateful to the group as they had truly saved her when she thought it was the end.  Her best friend within the group was a woman called Maggie; they both had bonded over the months since terminus and could trust each other with anything. They talked about what they had planned to do before the world went to shit, favourite tv shows, films. It seemed crazy to be thinking about all that stuff, now that it didn't matter. When Daisy found out Maggie was pregnant, she was so excited for her and believed she needed to work extra hard to keep her safe. Maggie had lost so many people and Daisy made it her duty to ensure she didn't lose anyone else. She was appointed auntie and godmother by Maggie and Glenn, which had a total different meaning in this world.

Daisy was fine with being an auntie but she hoped she never had to become a Godmother.