Chapter 1

Ever since I could remember. I loved to sing and I had a few songs that I had written. My favorite artists and bands were:

Alicia Keys

Maroon 5

Sleeping With Sirens

Demi Lovato

Bruno Mars

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

Ed Sheeran

The Fugees

Robin Thick

Keri Hilson

Mariah Carey

One Republic

Imagine Dragons

Justin Timberlake

Beyoncé

Ariana Grande

Christina Perrie

Notice how One Direction was nowhere on that list. I could not stand their bubblegum, pop sound and they way everyone thought they were so perfect. I hated how my best friend was constantly drooling over them. I didn't see what the big deal about them was. They didn't write their own music and they probably used tons of auto tune.

I hated all of the social media they got. I couldn't go anywhere without seeing one of their faces or the words One Direction.

Jane always told me how I would like them if I heard more of there music. I'd only heard two songs, "What Makes You Beautiful" and "Live While We're Young", and those two songs were all I ever needed to hear from them. I preferred music with actual meaning to it.

It wasn't only their music that I didn't like, it was their personalities. Guys who actually took time to be presentable every second of the day had to be really stuck up and conceded.

Anyways, enough about them, music was my everything and I wanted to be a singer. I was already out of school and my life was focused on writing music that I would someday sing in my very own album.

~~~

I found myself sitting on a bench in a small quiet park in the middle of Mullingar, Ireland. I hadn't lived here for long, I'd moved from London a few months ago. I liked this town where everyone knew each other and it was always quiet. Except when he was home. And by "he" I'm referring to Niall Horan. You know the blond member of that boy band that I couldn't stand.

Whenever he was here fans were crowding the streets screaming his name. Once again I didn't see what all the excitement over them was. Then again, the only reason that Jane even started talking to me was because I had a British accent. Maybe that's why everyone loved them.

I tried to focus on my music but just my luck, blondie himself drove past the park. Not only did his presence provoke noise but it also stopped up traffic. I decided to give up on writing for the day and instead go home.

Once again my luck betrayed me and the car that Niall was in turned the corner that I also had to turn to get to my flat.

The traffic was so bad that his car was moving about as fast as I was. When I looked over into his car, I saw that he was taking selfies next to his driver who didn't seem pleased with him. I wasn't pleased with him either. Did he even know how much trouble he was causing just by being here?

When I looked back up he saw me. He gave me a small smile and waved. I didn't know why but I waved back. His smile was kinda cute.

As soon as I realized what I was doing, I immediately stopped and began to walk faster.