Chapter 12

I sat at the register on the uncomfortable stool provided for me by my twat of a boss.

I scanned the store out of pure boredom, awful music blasting in my ears. I could definitely see why people made fun of me for working here but it was good money. People payed way too much for these crap clothes.

I glanced over at the clock. Twenty-seven more minutes until I could be in Niall's arms again. Until I could feel the warmth of his large hand wrapped around mine, until I could escape this hell and return to my happy place.

I didn't even know why I felt this way. I had never hated my job the way that I do now. I had never longed to be anywhere but here.

Maybe my dependence on Niall was a bit obsessive. Maybe it was the glares that I would get from girls who passed by me, whispering in disapproval when they thought I couldn't hear.

I really couldn't hear what they were saying due to the obnoxious blaring music but they way that they would glance over at me made it completely obvious that I was the center of their conversation.

I took another look at the clock. Twenty-five more minutes until 12:30. Minutes were passing like hours. I felt like I would never get out of this hell-hole.

I was brought from my thoughts by a woman buying clothes for her daughter. At least I hoped the clothes were for her daughter.

"Good morning, how are you today?" I asked putting on a fake smile and sitting up straight.

"I'm fine dear, thanks for asking," she said with a warm smile.

"Will this be all?" I questioned once I'd rung everything up.

"Yes, thank you."

I nodded. "Have a nice day," I said handing the woman her bag.

She have me another smile and walked away. I took yet another glance at the clock. Nineteen minutes.

Luckily for me once it was 12:30 I was done for the day.

"Excuse me miss, can I see Julia?" A man with thick sunglasses, a sweater, and sweatpants questioned in a deep voice.

It only took me a few seconds to know that it was Niall who stood before me.

"What are you doing here? I still have like twenty minutes left!" I questioned coming out from behind the corner to hug him.

"I couldn't wait to see you," he said.

"What are you wearing?" I asked stifling a giggle.

"Laugh all you want but I'm less likely to get swarmed by fans when I'm dressed like this," he explained.

"Do they really not notice? I knew it was you the second I looked up," I bragged.

"Well I'd hope my girlfriend would be able to recognize me," he said.

"Girlfriend?" I challenged. Niall blushed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Well, yeah, I just thought that, maybe--"

"Chill, I was kidding" I laughed. Niall let out a sigh of relief.

"Come on, let's get out of here," he said grabbing for my hand.

When I looked at the clock it was 12:29. How was that even possible?

"Yeah, just let me get Kelsea to the register," I told him.

I went to the staff room to find her.

"Hey Kels, mind taking the register I'm leaving now," I said.

"Sure thing love! Get better soon!" she said. I really liked Kelsea but she was overly peppy all of the time. She was made for working in stores.

"Hey I have a something to ask you and it's gonna sound really weird," Niall said when I came back out.

"What?"

"There are a lot of paparazzi out there and I wanted to know if you wanted people to know that we're going out or if you wanted to keep it a secret," he said.

"Why would I want to keep it a secret?" I asked.

"Because people send a lot if hate and I don't want you to get hurt," he said.

"Is the hate really that bad?" I questioned.

"Yeah it's pretty awful," he said with a frown.

"Let's keep it a secret then," I said.

"Okay," he said.

Niall and I walked out of Hollister. It felt weird just walking next to him with absolutely no contact.

As soon as we reached the door I was blinded by flashing lights.

Along with the lights came the choruses of "Is she your girlfriend?" "What's your name love?" "Are you guys an item?"

Niall just waved and made his way through the crowd in silence.

"What the hell was that?" I asked when we got to his car.

"You want to be famous? You'll have to get used to that. Every time I'm seen with a girl they all flip out and assume that she's my girlfriend. I don't know how easy it will be to keep this a secret.

"I just don't know if I can handle hate," I said.

"I understand and I wouldn't want to put you through that," he said. I nodded and we began to drive off.

Niall turned on his radio and the last verse of "What Makes You Beautiful" was playing.

"Oh my favorite," I said sarcastically.

"Hey," Niall said defensively.

"Sorry," I apologized. This was going to take some getting used to.

Niall pressed the "cd" button on the stereo and 'my song' started playing.

I really liked this song. I decided that it was my new favorite song.

"Nothing can come between you and I," Niall sang. His voice was amazing.

Maybe I needed to rethink the whole auto-tuned, conceded jerk stereotype that I had given them.

"So you have your own album?" I asked shaking my head.

"Wouldn't you?" he inquired.

"Maybe the first," I said.

"Well I like to consider myself my own biggest fan," he said with a smile.

"Interesting," I joked.

We both just laughed.

{Hey!! Please don't forget to vote! It really only takes a second! Thanks for reading, I love you all.

P.s. Idk if you've heard but I'm having an edit contest to see who can make the best cover for this fanfic. The winner gets an imagine, a shoutout on insta and a spam on insta! If You don't have an Instagram I'll spam your fanfics with votes! Kik me the edits: gjulia125!}