Chapter 20

I sat with Denise as she talked to her babysitter on the phone. Niall and Greg were off on some ride that was much too fast for my liking. Besides, I couldn't do much with this cast on my leg.

"Everything okay?" I asked as Denise sat down next to me with a heavy sigh.

"Yes, just missing my baby," she said.

"Why didn't you bring him?" I questioned. I loved babies and I would have spent all night with baby Theo if given the chance.

"I didn't want to have to deal with a crying baby all might, we're supposed to be having fun," she explained

"Touché," I said.

"Are those two still on that ride?" Denise inquired looking around for her husband and my boyfriend.

"Yeah," I said.

"What do you say you and I go have some fun?" she asked.

"Won't they worry about where we've gone?" I questioned.

"Those two? When they're together, they hardly mind anyone else," Denise laughed.

"Well, let's go then," I said giving in to her request.

Denise locked her arms with mine and we were off to find something to occupy us while our lovers had a bit of fun on their own.

I couldn't help but admire how beautiful Denise was. She was perfectly curved in all the right places. Her long blonde highlighted hair fell effortlessly down to the middle of her back and her gray, blue eyes were simple yet stunning.

About an hour later, the two of us found ourselves in the middle of the park, Niall and Greg were nowhere to be seen.

"I'm gonna call Niall," I informed Denise. She nodded and I stepped off to the side to find a quiet place.

When I turned on my phone, I saw that I had message after message from Niall and he had called twice.

I quickly dialed his number and took a seat on a bench.

"Julia? Are you okay?" Niall asked as soon as he answered the phone.

"Yeah I'm fine," I giggled. "Denise and I wandered off and we're a bit lost now, I told him.

"Where are you?" he questioned.

"By the carousel," I said.

"Okay, we'll come and get you," he said.

"Alright," I agreed.

I put my phone back into my pocket and went back to Denise to inform her that Niall and Greg were on their way.

"There you are," Niall said. He was a lot closer than I thought he'd be.

"That was fast," I said.

"We were just around the corner," he said. "Are you ready to go home?" he asked.

"Yes," I nodded.

Niall turned to his brother and sister-in-law and said, "Well, it's about time that we get going. We'll see you soon."

Everyone exchanged hugs and then Niall and I left. I assumed that Denise and Greg left as well.

~~~

"That was fun," Niall said as we walked through the door of his apartment. I liked it in here, it was pretty much exactly how I would have imagined his apartment to be like.

"Yeah," I said half heartedly. Niall noticed and a look of concern came over his face.

"Is something wrong?" he asked.