Chapter 7

"Hurry! He'll be here any minute now," I said yelling at Niall to clean up his stuff in the living room.

"We probably should have discussed this before but do you want me to leave while he's here?" Niall asked.

"Um, you don't have to he could stay in my room," I said. Niall grimaced.

"I think I'll just go," he said.

I didn't want him to leave over the last few day I had kind of developed feelings for him. He had a cute laugh and a great sense of humor.

"I was kidding, he has a hotel, you can stay," I said.

"Ok," he said. I could tell that he still wasn't thrilled about my ex-boyfriend coming to visit.

Niall finished tidying up his sleeping space in my living room and I limped over to the door.

Seconds before I made it to the door, Griffin knocked on it.

"Jules!" he exclaimed as I opened the door.

"Griffin!" I said equally excited. Griffin picked me up and spun me around while Niall sat on the couch playing with his fingers.

"How are you feeling?" he asked looking down at my leg as he spoke.

"Um, good," I said.

"Good enough to go out to dinner with me tonight?" he asked.

I nodded.

"Hey Julia can I talk to you for a minute?" Niall asked and for the first time Griffin noticed Niall's presence. He didn't seem too happy about it.

"Yeah," I said.

"I'll be right out," I said turning to Griffin.

He nodded and I went to my room with Niall.

"I think I'm just gonna go home," he said.

"But--,"

"You know that I like you and I really don't want to be around while he's here," Niall said.

"Okay," I said disappointed.

"But maybe we could, um, maybe we could do something later?" he asked, I could see the hope lining his eyes that this time I'd say yes.

"Yeah," I said.

"Really?" he asked.

"Yes," I laughed. "Now let's get back out there before I change my mind."

"Okay but one more thing," he said. I looked up at Niall perplexed.

"What?" I questioned.

I didn't even have time to blink before Niall's lips were on mine and my entire body was on fire.

"So, uh, I'll see you later?" he asked with an innocent smile.

I just nodded unable to speak.

Niall and I walked out of my room and into the living room where Griffin sat patiently on the couch.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

"Yes," I said walking over to my coat closet and pulling out a jumper. It was one that Griffin gave to me for my birthday earlier in the year.

He smiled when he saw it. Griffin grabbed my hand and we began to walk out to his rental car.

"Bye, Niall," I said looking back at him.

He gave me a small smile and a wave before Griffin and I exited my tiny flat.

"Is he just gonna stay there?" Griffin inquired.

"No, he's leaving," I said.

"Oh," he said. "So there's still nothing going on between you guys?" he asked.

"Not really," I said.

"What do you mean not really?"

"Well he's asked me out a few times," I said. I didn't really want to mention that I finally said yes.

"And you said no?" he continued to interrogate Niall's and my relationship.

"I said maybe," I told him.

"Fair enough," he said with a shrug.

I let out a giggle.

"So what's good here?" Griffin asked. "Besides you," he added squeezing my hand a little tighter and flashing me a cheeky smile.

I was disappointed when I didn't get a parade of butterflies in my stomach from his words.

Despite my dismay, I smiled and said, "There's a nice restaurant around the corner from here," I said. "It's called Nando's."

"Okay," he said opening the car door for me.

"Thank you," I said.

"No problem."

When we had arrived at the restaurant I couldn't help but have flashbacks to when Niall took me here.

I wasn't too happy to see the blonde bimbo of a hostess standing behind the podium.

She eyed me as if trying to figure out where she'd seen me before.

"Table for two," Griffin said repeating Niall's words.

The hostess, Melani was her name, did the same thing she did last time, focusing on Griffin and ignoring me.

'Whore.' I thought to myself.

"Here you are," she said gesturing to our booth.

"Thanks," Griffin said. It seemed like every time I came here with a guy she would fight for his attention and lose.

Griffin looked through his menu and I examined him. Something was different.

He had a tattoo on his wrist.

"When did you get that?" I asked. He knew exactly what I was talking about.

"A couple of weeks ago," he said. I frowned.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"Well we weren't really talking and when you called the last thing I was thinking about was this tattoo," Griffin explained.

"What does it say?" I inquired.

"Time doesn't wait for anyone."

"I like it," I said.

"Good," he smiled.

"Good evening, I'm Luke, and I'll be your waiter for the night. What can I get you to drink?" said our waiter, Luke.

"Strawberry lemonade," I said. If it was available, strawberry lemonade was the only thing that I ever drank at restaurants.

Luke nodded and then turned to Griffin to jot down his drink request.

"Raspberry ice tea please," he said. Griffin has an obsession with tea and tea products.

"Good to see neither of us have changed very much," he commented after Luke had left.

I nodded with a smile. "Yeah it's good to have something familiar for a change," I sighed.

{I'm tired so I'm not gonna edit this. Sorry for the mountain of typos I'll fix them tomorrow. Thanks for reading, I love you all}