Chapter 5

When I woke up the next morning, my ankle was basically throbbing with pain and Niall was still sleeping. Rather than waking him up to ask for my medicine, I just went back into my room to contact my mother.

"Hi mum," I said when she answered after two short rings.

"Hi darling," she said.

"So I had an accident the other day," I began trying to ease into the topic.

"Oh my god are you alright baby? Do you need me to come out there?" my mum asked frantically.

"Mum calm down. I just fell but I did break my leg," I told her.

"I someone taking care of you?" she questioned.

"Yeah and you'll never guess who," I said speaking like a girl in her early teens who was about to spill the beans on a new gossip story.

"Who?" my mum questioned without even trying to figure it out for herself. Typical.

"Mr. Celebrity himself," I said into the receiver.

"Is he as terrible as you thought he was?" mum inquired. She hated the fact that I never gave people a chance before I judged them.

"No, I guess not," I admitted.

"Well I'm glad to hear it. Sweetheart, I have to go, I'm at work right now. Call me if you need anything, I'll be there in a heartbeat," she assured me.

I nodded but then realized she couldn't see me. "Okay mum, I'll talk to you later," I said.

"Bye, I hope you feel better soon!" she exclaimed before hanging up.

Now it was time to call Griffin, I pressed the number 4 and his name popped up. I still had him on speed dial.

It took a while but he finally answered.

"Jules?" he asked. It had been a whole month since we had last spoken.

"Yeah hi Griff. It's been a while," I said. I almost regretted calling him. I didn't know what to say.

"Yeah it really has been," he said. I could imagine him running his free hand through his perfect brown hair.

"I've been thinking about you," I blurted. My face instantly heated and I tried to find words to help me cover up my sudden outburst. "I just finished a song," I tried to explain.

He understood. "Can I hear it?" he asked.

"Uh yeah hold on," I said getting out if bed and landing on the foot that wasn't violently throbbing with pain from my sudden movement.

I quickly made my way over to my keyboard and I set my phone to speaker.

I began to sing and my fingers instantly found their way to the keys that fit the melody.

"That was great. So I was thinking about maybe coming out to see you soon. I wanted to surprise you but then you called and you know how I can't keep things from you," he said.

I smiled at the memories of him giving in to telling me what he got me for holidays or my birthday weeks before they even came up.

"Yeah I remember," I teased. "I would love it if you came to visit," I said.

"Julia? Are you okay?" asked Niall knocking on my bedroom door.

"Who was that?" Griffin asked, jealousy was laced throughout his voice.

"Hold on a second," I said to Griffin. I hopped over to the door and opened it to reveal a shirtless, concern stricken Irish boy.

"Are you alright?" he asked again.

"Yes," I said.

"I just heard your voice so I thought maybe you needed help or something," he said.

"No I'm fine," I said moving back to my bed and putting the phone back up to my ear.

"Griffin?" I asked to make sure he was still there.

"I'm still here," he said. "So uh, who was that?" he repeated.

"It was Niall my, um, friend. He's helping me because I broke my ankle," I explained.

"You did when? How?" Griffin asked. I giggled at his obsessive concern and explained what happened.

"So he's just helping you? Nothing else?" He asked just to clarify.

"Exactly, nothing else," I said. I looked at Niall who still stood in my door way.

"Okay, I'll be there in a few days. Are you gonna be home or do you think you might be out?" he questioned.

"I'll probably be home. I can't wait to see you, I've missed you so much!" I exclaimed.

"I've missed you too. I'm gonna get everything sorted for my trip now," he said.

"Okay, call me soon," I said, almost begged.

"Alright I will," he agreed.

"Okay bye," I said. I had to force myself not to tell him that I loved him.

"Bye," he said and I hung up the phone.

My eyes immediately focused on Niall who never left his place in the doorway.

"When do you want to leave?" he asked.

"Whenever you're ready," I replied. He nodded.

"We'll leave in like 20 minutes. Here's your pain medicine. You might want to eat something with it.

I smile at his thoughtful actions and took the small yellow bottle from his hand.

"Thanks," I said looking into his deep blue eyes for the second time. That same feeling was present in my stomach.

"No problem," he said pulling on a shirt. It was different than the one he wore yesterday but I didn't ask him about it.

As I got a bowl of cereal, I couldn't help but contrast Niall's bold, piercing, aquamarine eyes to Griffin's soft jade eyes which were shy and full of emotion.

They both had eye colours completely unique to any I'd ever seen before and I was rather fond of them both.

{double update what what!! Hahahah well I feel dead right now so I'm going to try to sleep even though it's only 9:30. thanks for reading, I love you all.

P.s. don't forget to follow my insta for updates and edits of my fanfics!! @naya_horan}