Chapter 11

I sat on my couch watching tv. My phone had been ringing all day but I ignored it. It was probably just Griffin checking in on me.

I flipped through the channels, I'd probably seen every one about one hundred times.

A few minutes later a loud knock on the door made me jump. I just ignored and hoped that I remembered to lock the door after Griffin had left.

Of course I didn't.

The door opened and in came an angry looking Niall.

"Why haven't you been answering your phone?" he asked.

"I don't want to talk to you," I said calmly not even bothering to look at him.

"Have you been crying?" he asked.

"Yes," I admitted my eyes still glued to the telly.

"Because of me?" he questioned.

I just shrugged and said, "I don't know, maybe."

"What do you mean maybe?" he inquired. Why couldn't he just leave me alone.

"Do you really care?" I asked raising my voice and looking at him for the first time. He looked terrible. His hair was a mess, he had bags under his eyes, and it looked like he just threw some random clothes on.

Then again, I probably looked a lot worse.

"Yes, I do care," he said.

"Well, you were wrong," I said.

"What?"

"Griffin didn't come here because he wanted me back, he came here to tell me that he has a girlfriend. The only reason he gave two shits about you and I is because he was looking for a way to tell me and he thought it would be easier if I had a boyfriend," I said turning back to the tv.

"Julia, I'm sorry I really thought--"

"I know what you thought now can you please get out?" I said.

I didn't turn around but I knew Niall was coming towards me.

"I don't want it to be over between us," he said.

Before I had the chance to respond, Niall's lips were on mine and everything felt so right.

He picked me up and sat down on the couch so that I was now straddling his lap.

Even though I felt like I was on fire, I got goosebumps in the wake of his touch.

I broke away from him and climbed off of his lap.

"I don't know if we should be doing this," I said.

"Why not?" he asked. He looked so hurt.

"Because you hurt me. When Griffin told me that he had a girlfriend I couldn't care less, all that I cared about was that you left me for something that wasn't even going to happen. I don't know if I trust you anymore, it seems like you're just playing with my feelings," I said.

"Julia," he said taking my hands in his, "I'm sorry, I though you would choose him over me and I think I would have been less upset over it knowing that you didn't have to choose," he said.

"But you were just thinking about yourself. Did you even think that maybe I feel the same way about you? That maybe it would hurt me if you broke up with me?" I asked. Tears were stinging the corners of my eyes.

"Yes," he said. "But I was also thinking that you and him were together for a long time and that you and I have been together for a couple of days. Can you just think about it from my point of view? Imagine if I broke up with you for a girl that I used to date, how would you feel?" he asked.

"Like I felt when you gave up on me. I might even feel better knowing that there's an actual solid reason behind it," I said.

"I wasn't giving up on you, I didn't want to make it harder on you if you wanted to choose him. I though you would be happier," he said. "I'll leave if you want me to."

"I'm just so confused. I don't think I want you to leave but I can't get over how much I cried because of you," I said. "I just don't want to feel like this again."

"I promise you won't if you give me another chance," he said. After I didn't respond for a while he said, "I've never had a relationship anything like this, I don't know what it's like to have to fight for someone but I will try if that's what you need me to do."

"That's all I want," I said.

"Then it's done, I won't let you go," he said.

"Thank you," I whispered.

"So Griffin is completely out of the picture?" Niall asked.

"Yeah he has a girlfriend now, Jasmine I think her name is," I said.

"Well I'm glad that I don't have to worry about sharing you but are you okay with that?" he asked.

"Yeah we had a good relationship but it's over and we've both moved on. I think it's better this way, now I don't feel guilty for being with you," I said.

~~~

"Niall, wake up," I said gently poking his shoulder.

"Why? It's so early," I groaned.

"I know but I have to go to work," I said.

"Can't you just call in sick?" he asked.

"No, I used all of my sick days last week," I said.

"Do you need me to take you?" he asked sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

Niall was the kind of person who woke up looking perfect.

"No, I can just walk, you don't have to get up I just wanted to tell you that I'm leaving," I said.

"I'm not letting you walk, you just broke your leg," he said.

"It's just right around the corner, just go back to sleep," I told him.

"I'll be ready in five minutes," Niall informed me completely ignoring my last statement.

"Okay," I sighed rolling my eyes at his defiance.

He probably didn't realize that even though I had this boot on I could probably be there in five minutes.

Still, it was cute how much he cared.

"Where do you work?" he asked.

"Hollister," I told him.

"Mmmm" he mumbled.

I decided to just let it go. I didn't understand why it was so bad to work there.

"You know I could have been there by now," I complained.

"Let's go then," he said.

"Alright,"

When we finally got there, Niall took my hand and walked me inside.

"I'll see you later," Niall said giving me a kiss on the cheek.

{Thanks for reading, I love you all!!}