T.W/5/New Seats

My hands dig around the small box at the center of the room. I pray for a good seat, one at the end of the classroom. Next to Hotaru, of course. I wrap my fingers around one small paper and pick it up very quickly, then flip it open:

NUMBER 25

I sigh and sit in my new seat with a calm face. I got the seat I wanted... Yet...

I feel his heavy gaze burning into my back. Unfortunately for me I couldn't have avoided being moved in front of him for some odd reason. The teacher is conspiring against me. I tell ya..

That's what it is. The teacher just hates my poor, poor gut.

"Tch." I snap as he pokes into my back for the tenth time. He stops and then begins again. I slump down after a while and admit defeat. I'm so drained, especially since Hotaru is missing school again and her seat is moved on the opposite side of my own. Who am I going to eat lunch with today? I don't have to worry about the days when she does happen to be here but today of all days? I'm screwed. So screwed.

"Miiiiiikaaaaan." He whispers in my ear. I clench my teeth.

URGH!

I wish I had flipped my name tag over fast enough. Now that Cat Jerk knows my name,  I have no control over his actions. He knows who I am and what I'm like.

I'm soooo screwed.

He taps again.

"What?!" I say with a tick mark on my face. He smirks and plays with my hair. Great, now I have to make plans to cut off my hair.

"SAKURA, stop chatting! Face the front of the classroom!" the teacher yells with his hands in the air. I haven't even interrupted him once today and he's acting that way? GRRRR. Can't he see that HE's the one bothering me?

I growl and swirl my body around so I'm facing the board. The torture finally ends until lunch but by then it gets even worse.

He's surrounded by girls and since I have no friends they treat me like dirt.

"Hey, move it!" They shove me.

"Who are you?!" One of them glares and snickers.

"Hyuuga-sama... there's a homeless woman bothering us." She wraps her arms around his arm.

I'm so ticked off that I take my lunch and eat it in the courtyard where its wet and cold. I sit behind the gym and eat in silence. Shivering for almost a whole minute, it suddenly starts snowing out of nowhere. Only a little. It makes me smile.

It reminds me of my childhood just a bit.

"Yo. Mikan." An arrogant voice calls me. I turn back and see Cat Jerk with his hair sticking up. He ruins the good memories that were about to sprout because of the snow. GRRRRR!

"Go away." I mumble.

"It'll be funny when everyone finds out you work at the bakery."

"Who cares?" I kick the leaves by me and look down at my black converse. "What about you?... Mr. Popular going to some lame bakery. Wouldn't that be more interesting?"

He raises his brows and I get a moment of satisfaction. "Going to a bakery isn't lame."

Heh. I may have offended him. He must really love baked goods or sweets in general. "For a guy like you. It is. So you can't really blackmail me like that. Sorry to break it to you but now you have to leave... me... alone." I emphasize the words so he understands and mocks me by wording what I'm saying. What a jerk. I hate this kind the most.

"What's a girl your age working for a run-down bakery anyways?" He smirks. I sigh, resting my face on my hands.

"What do you want?" I shake my head in my hands and mutter very bad words.

"You're interesting and fun to amuse." He gets up and gives me a heavy gaze. "I've never met a girl like you."

"Yeah well I hate your kind." I say in total honesty. He laughs and I roll my eyes, "Please don't talk to me ever again."

He tips an imaginary hat, "Got it. I'll talk to you all the time. See ya Polka." I look at him dumbfounded by this name he invented so I look down at my hands and spot a... piece of my bra sticking out of my shirt. Polka dots. Oh my god...

...

I burn through my work with flames coming out of my eyes. My pencil has never written so fast before and it surprises everyone. They're surprised that I haven't said a single thing to the teacher too. Oh Hotaru, if only you were here to calm me down in this state. This is the only way I could cope with the harassment of my fellow classmate. 

Cat Jerk has really done it. He's crushed that very last string of hope for all men. I have lost faith in humanity because of him. Oh and I'm not exaggerating. If you were violated like I was, you'd say the same thing.

At this moment, the only way to control my feelings is by writing down lyrics for a new song. Yes I know, who knew I actually liked to sing. Yeah, yeah. I'm not happy so you can imagine what kind of song I'm writing about. The kind that curses people for eternity. Once I get like this, I can't stop but at least I feel a little better after doing it.

After an hour or so I finish and wipe the sweat off my forehead. I'm happy with the end result and just a moment later, the bell rings and I shudder. I pack my things and head for the door. Cat Jerk trailing after me. "Hey, save one of those creme puffs for me." He smirks and leaves me in his shadow.

I click my tongue and once I got there... I throw all the creme puffs in the furnace. Especially the chocolate ones.