T.W/20/Cupid struck my heart

I scramble to search for the perfect outfit but find nothing good... so... I dial Hotaru's number:

"Hotaru??? Do you have anything nice to wear~?" I hum.

"I'll be right there." Then she hangs up the phone.

I hear the doorbell ring. "I got it Mom!" I run down the stairs and when I open the door, Hotaru is buried in clothes.

We enter my room and she drops all of the clothing on the floor, immediately arranging an outfit for me. She even has a box full of makeup. My face drops.

Her eyes glint in interest. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this moment. So... who's the date?"

"Er... uh... he's not a date but more like a really really good friend. You know?" I blush and poke my cheek. "So please don't go overboard and make me into a Barbie."

"These are my clothes so I'll do what I want with them. And I'll make you into something even better than a Barbie."

"Hotaru~" I whine and she narrows her eyes at me.

"I bet it's the new guy isn't it?"

"No..." I cross my arms, "He's my childhood friend. Like you. Why would I go on date- I mean.... Grrrr." I blush and she chuckles.

"It's Hyuuga." She nods and I glare at her.

"Whatever."

"Okay... let's get started. I'm going to make you so pretty that he'll panic. He'll panic so bad~"

"Hotaru... you're sadistic."

"So what?" she laughs and I quiver in fear.

She begins by first putting up my hair to get it out of my face. Then she begins the mascara and then patting my cheeks with foundation and last... my lips. She coats my lips in bubblegum pink. "Okay now the hair." She puts it down and curls as much as she can because it's still very short  and then she brushes my bangs over my eyes.

"But... I don't like my bangs!" I cry and Hotaru brushes them to the side.

"How's that?" She places a mirror in my hands and I gawk at it.

"I look like a Barbie." I sighs, shaking my head. "Ugh... I also look desperate."

"You look cute. Just watch his reaction and take a picture for me." Hotaru smirks. "It's going to be good. Trust me."

"How am I going to walk around? This is awful." I frown.

"Now... for your outfit." Hotaru digs around her pile of clothes and pulls up a short dress. A spaghetti strapped,  buttoned, white-laced dress with little pink frills(Because I love frillsXD) and a pair of beige flats.

"Hotaru~ I can feel the wind between my legs!!!" I cry again. I blush at the sight of myself. "Why?"

"You look so cute." Hotaru jumps with me and I huddle, hiding my face. "Come on... you're the cutest." Hotaru pats my head. "Oh here's a bow for you." She places a pink bow on my head and smiles at me. "And since it's chilly out. A white leather jacket."

"Hotaru!!" I whine as Hotaru pushes me out of my door.

"Have fun. Don't forget my pictures."

"Erm..." I squirm and struggle to keep my legs together. I can feel stares from the people as I walk around to our meeting place. I look at my phone a couple of times to keep myself from feeling insecure. I hate how short this dress is! I straighten my arms and can feel my skin, that's how short it is. I should have put shorts under this dress.