T.W/19/She's mine

He numbly bites into his cotton candy and gives bitter looks to all the couples. His eyes bounce from each one of them. None of them are who he's looking for. 

Although it is the perfect atmosphere for any couple... Mikan is not here.

"Hmph." He snorts and crosses his arms. Finally frustrated with the cotton candy, he spits it out and pulls up the sleeves of his navy blue yukata.

"What's the matter?" Hotaru glances back at him. He doesn't answer her immediately so she answers for him. "Ah... is it perhaps because our lovely Mikan isn't here? That's too bad. Really. You are moping like a sad little mouse who lost his cheese. How cute."

He gives her an expression full of disgust.

"Not denying it... are you? BWAHahahahaha...." She holds her stomach in laughter.

"..."

He almost wishes that he could completely disappear. How would she know of his feelings? His temper rises.

"What's wrong?" Ruka says as he meets up with the two. "I meet up with you two and you're already fighting."

Hotaru roars in laughter, "He's depressed that Mikan isn't here. Even though...hahaha... it's his fault."

"How so?"

"Imai. You should already know..." Natsume rolls his eyes. "she got asked. She has plans so she couldn't come with us."

"So that's why.... It's because you're jealous."

"Nuh-uh." He clicks his tongue at Hotaru and earns a smirk from the both of them.

"Is that her?" Ruka points and Natsume whips his head in that direction. "Oh wait... sorry! That girl just looks like her." He teases.

Natsume glares at them both.

"I was just kidding~" Ruka chuckles but Natsume frowns deeper and deeper.

"..."

"It's really cute how he reacts at the sound of her name. Isn't it Ruka?"

"That's right." They laugh with each other and it continues to bring despair to Natsume. 

He finally looks at Ruka and smirks. "Oh really? What's really funny is that Ruka has been practicing on his pillow for the day you two finally kiss." He grins, "Now... I have some issues to attend to. Maybe you guys can go and makeout. So... see ya." He waves and leaves Ruka and Hotaru blushing as red as a candy apple. 

Then after a few minutes of walking, places his arms in his sleeves.

As he passes many stalls, he starts to reflect on what happened that day. It was a plain day. Full of Sensei's boring lectures and the gossip of girls. His lunch tasted just a bit saltier and soggier than usual and for some odd reason, the chair wasn't as comfortable. It just seemed like an off-day. It usually is an off-day when Mikan isn't there.

At the thought of Mikan, he starts to chuckle. Without her, it's incredibly boring and dull. 

He knows now that he can no longer live a day without her.

["Why are you doing this to me?!"]

He digs his nails into his arms at the memory. A real man never gives up anything. If he is given something, he doesn't simply give it away. He cherishes it. Doesn't he?

Natsume looks around and takes his arms out of his sleeves. 

It's already too late, he can't live without her. It's too dang boring without her. He can't even bear to hear her utter the name of a man other than him own. It's not jealously that overcomes his personality, it's just that he's possessive, he's obsessed, he's irrational. The moment he met her, was the moment it was all over for him. He had already made a bond. An eternal bond that none other can break.