T.W/30/As the days go By

As the sun gets hotter and the days shorter, our days spent together are countless. We finally become third-years and start deciding which schools and careers we'll choose. It's scary because we don't know what will happen in the future.

But I'm not as worried as I once was. I have Natsume now and he helps me to get over it. Like when I had to quit working at Sweet Love and when Hotaru decided to travel to the the U.S. to study photography; he was there to help me figure things out.

Even now, as I'm starting to look at all the possible cooking schools, he lends me a hand of encouragement and gives me a loving smile.

But... he hasn't said a thing about what he wants to do in the future or anything about us.

I can't say I'm not worried because I feel like I'll put a lot of pressure on him. At the same time, I ask myself about the things he wants to do.

Does he want to go to a school that's out of our town? Out of Japan? Across the world?

If so, I'd be devastated but happy for him because I only want to support him like how he does with me.

"What are you thinking?" He asks me now.

I look down at our tied fingers.

Will I have to let go of this hand someday?

"I'm scared." I say under my breath, I'm even too scared to say it out loud. What will he think of me whining? I don't want him to go but I don't want to be selfish as well.

"What?" He leans in, his eyes flash concern. "I didn't hear what you said."

"I said, I'm scared." I mutter a little louder this time.

"Of what? Me?"

"No... I just..." I can't find the right words for this moment. We are situated in my room; supposed to be studying and reading over material for our last exam. "What will happen after this?"

"I'm not gonna do anything to you, you know?" He says a little sadly. I shake my head furiously.

"That's not what I mean. I'm just worried about what will happen in the future." The words tumble out of my mouth and I instantly regret them.

What will he think?

The pressure is choking me.

I cover my mouth with my hand to prevent any more damage from taking place.

"The future?" Natsume's eyes widen in surprise, "You're worried about that?" He leans back and looks up at the ceiling as if to think about what to say next.

The tension in my body causes me to get all riled up, "Sorry... forget I said anything." I mumble, ashamed with myself.

"I want to go to university." He blurts, "But I don't know what I want to do yet so I just plan to go to the one nearby."

I look up at him for the first time today and find that relief washes over me, "Really?"

I'm a little too excited so he chuckles, "Yeah, why didn't you just ask me instead of worrying about it all this time?"

"I... didn't want to seem clingy and annoying."

He slides next to me and pecks my cheek, "You shouldn't have to pretend to be someone you're not. I love you the way you are."

"Clingy and annoying?" I say, ticked off. But he laughs and holds me tightly. "Rude."

"You're just twisting my words around." He kisses me hard, "Punishment for not telling me your worries."

"Ugh." I choke back a laugh and smack his chest.

The worries disappear and our relationship grows stronger.

But something else bothers me.

My mothers' birthday comes around and the same thing that happens every year happens again.

The red tulips, and the chocolates filled with cherries.

Only we don't know the sender.

The first time we thought that it was my stepfather, Narumi but it turned out that it wasn't him and now it's just spooky.

Since then, I've thought up a few theories. One of which is that it's an ex-boyfriend who just hasn't gotten over my beautiful mom but she's told me in the past that she's only told one person all of her favorite things.

And it's my biological father.

But that's impossible... and at the same time... possible.

But I don't know how to feel about that.

I've grown up thinking Narumi as my father and to this day... I still think of him as 'father' but if I ever do meet my real father... will that change?

I decide to camp out this time in a quest to find my real father... not because I'm curious or anything-which I am-but to bring closure to our lives.

He must think my mom has moved on but she hasn't. And she never will.

When I see a dark figure in the distance carrying a box-like thing, I start to hide behind a wall near my house.

The figure gets closer and stops at our gate.

They hold the box in front of them and take a long time.

I sigh and tell myself not to be scared.

I approach them and find that its just a delivery man.

"Miss Sakura???" He calls out to the receiver. My vein pops.

I was ready for the meeting.

"Ah... I'll take that." I fake a smile.

Then my fake smile slips as I take in the package.

A carefully wrapped box that's long. Long enough for tulips and chocolates.

"Sir! Do you know who sent this?" I ask in a panic.

His eyes narrow at me, "Are you Miss Yuka Sakura?"

"I'm her daughter, anyways as I was saying-"

"Can you sign?"

CAN YOU LISTEN BOI?!

I awkwardly laugh, "Sir... please. This is important."

"It's late and I need to head back lady."

GOD, this is why...

I take a deep breath, "Sir... my mother has received the same present for years now and we still don't know who it is. I'm thinking that it might be my real father who's been sending them to her and it would really be nice for them to meet again after all those years."

"Wow, that's deep." he says.

I try not to act triumphant over this arguement.

"Sorry ma'am but the sender wants to remain anonymous."

"Even if the receiver wants to meet them badly?"

He looks down at the package and thinks for a little. "Does she really want to meet him that badly?"

At first I try to understand the meaning behind his reaction but just as quickly he acts all grumpy again.

"Sorry little lady but it's up to the sender. I'll tell them know that you guys are wondering who they are." He jogs down the street and gets into the car I never noticed was there before I can say another word.

What a jerk.

After that, we hear no word of the delivery man or the sender so I forget about the little fiasco and then the craziest thing happens.

It happens when Natsume takes me on a date to the amusement park.