T.W/15/Love is a Roller Coaster (Pt.2)

The sound of the Ferris Wheel disappears and the window goes out of my view.

Natsume is only an inch away, slowly turning to nothing at all. He smells like an ocean breeze during early spring.

I didn't know a boy could smell like that.

Then I hear my own heart in my ears.

What's happening? Where am I?

All I know is that what I taste next is the single sweetest treat that I've ever had in my life.

Literally the sweetest treat.

"Mmhf?" I chew on the soft candy in my mouth and gulp it down.

It's candy. Sweet candy.

"Whaaaaa?" I say. The door opens behind me and its time for us to go back out.

"It's called Howalon and it's orange flavored." He says and walks next to me as we meet with the others. "It looked like you really wanted to eat some candy."

"Okay..." I say, blushing.

For a second there... I thought he was going to kiss my lips because he was really close to me. Like a centimeter away from my face. I could feel his breath which had the smell of mint.

I fan my face and look in the opposite direction.

After we meet up with Hotaru and Nogi, we decide to take a break and actually eat something. Like actual food. We find a place in the park and set up our own little picnic. I spread the blanket out on the floor and rest on the edge of it.

I stuff my mouth full of veggies and look out into the distance. 

Today has been okay... I expected it to be a drag. But it wasn't that bad. If anything...

It feels good to sit here and drift off for a second. I can forget for a small moment about my dad and Mahiru.

I don't really know whats going on but I obviously still have some deep feelings left over from the damage.

What to do...

"Tofu... gross." Natsume flicks some grapes at me and I glare at him.

"Have you ever tried tofu?"

"Nope."

"How can you say that then?"

He raises his brow, "Have you tried meat?"

"..." I cross my arms and furrow my brows tight. "I never said meat was gross. I just refuse to eat it!" I mutter angrily.

"Hm... so are you a vegetarian or something?" He eyes me.

"Something like that. I try not to eat anything animal-related." I roll my eyes.

"Why?"

"Why do you care?" I say through clenched teeth.

"You guys are really close..." Nogi blurts and I glare at him. He smiles. "Natsume doesn't talk to anyone most of the time. With you, he's completely comfortable."

"..." Natsume stares at him like he wants to say something but he doesn't respond. It makes me nervous.

"I..." I start. "Is that so?" I blush and look the opposite direction. "I don't think so. He talks to girls in my class."

"Is that jealousy I hear, Mikan?" Hotaru teases. "I can say the same about you though. Like Hyuuga-kun, she doesn't talk to anyone besides us."

"Thats not true. I talk to some people!" I glare at her and she laughs.