Chapter 8

Chloes POV

This dinner was going good I think, there where so many people sitting around this long table.

I'm sitting beside Ryan, then Nathan's on the other side of me. One guy kept looking at me weird, I don't know who he is. As if reading my mind Ryan leaned over so he was close to my ear.

"That's mr Maddison" he whispers in my ear before sitting back normally, i gulp and look at Mr Maddison. His tho hole reason I'm here, What if his just waiting for me to fail?

"So Ryan" Mr Maddison says getting everyone's attention "who's the girl?" He asks looking at me

"Chloe" Ryan says taking my hand under the table, I lightly squeeze his hand. Feeling extremely nervous as everyone's eyes where on Ryan and I.

"Where did you to meet?" Mr Maddison asks with a smirk as maids bring dinner out

"Chloe's car had broken down" Ryan says remembering what I came up with "I stopped and helped her" he adds, letting go of my hand.

I sigh wanting his hand back but I know I'm nothing but a slave to him, everyone started eating and thankfully the conversation on Ryan and i where dropped.

I savoured every bite knowing this would be my last ever filling meal, I'd never get a meal like this again. After tonight they don't need me, I'll be back being a slave.

Ryan looked at me then laughed a little but not enough to get everyone's attention, I gave him a confused look. He grabbed a napkin and whipped something off the corner of my mouth, I blush and look down as he puts the napkin down.

Ryan goes back to a conversation with the person sitting across from him, I look up and watch as he talks. He has so much confidence, I go back to eating, I wish I was rich this life is something I could get used to.  Tho these heals are uncomfortable, really uncomfortable.

***

"Ryan introduce me" a guy says coming up to us

"Scott, this is Chloe. Chloe this is Scott he works for my company" Ryan says putting his arm around me

"Should i expect to see her around more" Scott asks, I look at the floor not knowing what to say

"Maybe" Ryan says, but Ryan and I both know after tonight they won't see me again. I'll be back to just being a slave, nothing more.

Soon Scott walked over to someone else, Ryan took my hand and led me into the bathroom. He shut the door and locked it before taking a deep breath, he looked up at me.

"Your doing great" he says, I nod and look at the ground "you okay?" He asks, I'm about to speak before he adds "never mind I don't care" 

I look up at him as he unlocks the door and pulls me out, what just happened?

Thoughts so far on this story?