Chapter 10

Song to the side

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four days after Walker and I were paired for the sniping, we found out the day after we are being assigned to go into the words and scout for enemies.

I tried to reason with Lt. Fischer the bad idea of going in there without a tracker, he brought up Agar saying the last mission was great. Trying to reason with him again for a different person to come along, however he didn't change his mind.

I tried to make a deal with the Lt to not send Agar despite him asking why, but I didn't want to risk loosing him. The thought of loosing Sebastian was something out of the question, it was not going to happen. And I won't allow it, he will be at arms reach from danger and that's final.

Packing my backpack with Walker silently packing his, Connor walks in giving him a friendly grin and putting in some bandaged incase we get injured.

Connor went over to Walker the both of them chatting among another, I couldn't help but wonder if there's more out there. Maybe they were hiding behind marriages to cover who they are; what a terrible way to life.

Before leaving I hear the both of them whisping 'I love you' it was a courageous thing to say to one another, but I couldn't understand affectionate as much as I wish I could. That way I could return it back to Sebastian, he has a way of comforting people and it's something I charish. 

Going towards the small group of men around a hidden part; total of men will be 7, we were only planning to check if they are hiding bombs, just like they were a month ago. It should go smoothly: me and Walker hide for sniping and the tracker will lead the men to where they might be hiding bombs.

      **

Shuffling through the woods lately, we can see the sun poking out its last stand against darkness; which will soon take over soon.

We had to rest for an hour after Sebastian was halfway done tracking, but he didn't notice any new prints. It was starting to feel kind of hopeless coming out to the woods, but maybe there will be something.

Sitting down on the cold dirt as winter was starting to scorn in, but brushing back my dirty brown hair and looking at my bronze skin color hands; I remember a time when Micah stole from market and I had to cover for him. I took the blame for stealing those fruits and my Tio took me back to the market forced me to persuade the owner to work for a month free, I cleaned those dirty floors while my hands will at times be covered with dirt.

Wiping my hands on my pants I glance up seeing Sebastian and Walker both arguing; they're voices were becoming louder and Walker kept yelling, "Your a fuckin' liar Agar."Going over to tell them to keep there voices down they soon went silent once I arrived.

"What is going on?" I whisper to the both them, but Walker glared sharply at Sebastian while he could not glare back at Walker himself. Walker sighs walking over to me putting a hand on my shoulder, he gave me apologetic look then shook his head leaving.

Sebastian was pacing around muttering to himself, running a hand through my hair I went over to Sebastian asking, "Are you okay? What were you and Walker arguing about?" I rested my hand on his arm, but he looks up at me with a sense of regret and sadness.

I was puzzled as of why he was looking at me in such a saddening way, "When everyone falls asleep, I'll  explain, I promise." He states to nervously, leaving me there as he goes to where the others are gathered.