Solemn Shadows

I find myself trapped underneath this black area. The chimes of the open cell doors, fades into the distance as if they were the past of this mysterious lair. A peek of this past one's prime globe, catches at the corner of my eye. The past is within this object, but I doubt that nobody has been here in centuries. There is a vast amount of energy still roaming around here, but it's not the dead. Something is here. I slowly close my eyes to make sure I'm not dreaming, then carefully rub them. I open them hoping I would be in bed and not in a gloomy looking lair; I was wrong. Where am I? I think to myself. I hear footsteps, coming closer towards me, my heart racing fast as a go kart. I convince myself to shift around to catch an eyesight of this strange monster. Something shoots out from a cell.

Everything's black. Am I awake yet? Or am I not awake?

''Join me, Elsa,'' an eerie voice appears then fades amongst the shadows.

I awake not knowing what just happened. I'm just going act like it's a normal day and nothing happened.

''Morning Elsa, did you have a dream last night?'' Anna questions. Despite trying to ignore what I dreamt, I decide to change the subject.

''Is breakfast ready?'' I ask, ignoring her question.

''Uhm..I just woke up and I was hoping you were up so I came to your room so I don't know,''

''Okay I'm going downstairs,''

I ask a guard if breakfast was ready and he said yes. I can't help but think about my dream. What did it mean? I ask myself. If I tell Anna what my dream is about, she will go mad and try and find that place and I wouldn't like myself in that situation so I decided to avoid it.

''Hey Elsa, you haven't spoken to me at breakfast. What's up?'' Anna observes.

''Nothing much, I'm just tired,'' 

''I know right, this princess thing is getting hard,''

''How?''

''Well, you have to act gracious, not clumsy...''

I interrupt. ''You try be the queen, it's more than just being gracious. You have to act sophisticated, well-mannered, choosing hard decisions and more,''

''Wow, and I thought being the princess was hard,'' 

I chuckle.