VIII

The holiday party was only days away, and Mei was already losing her mind.

She had already been bothered by almost everyone in the Pledis Girlz and Seventeen Project to attend, even if it was just for a while. But Mei wasn't having it.

She has been spending her time in the practice room, going over the song her teacher gave them over the break. Losing count of how many times she went over the dance every day, she ended up with sore legs and sweaty hair. And that's how she plans on spending her holiday break.

Ever since she left her family a couple years back, she's tried to erase them from her memory. They were never supportive of Mei's achievements and decisions, so she knew becoming a trainee wasn't going to be their cup of tea.

"Mei, can I talk to you for a sec?" It was Hansol, someone she came to trust easily ever since she joined.

"Yeah, what's up?" She asked. Last time someone had wanted to talk to her, it was for the party, so she was silently hoping it wouldn't be about it this time.

"I've been curious about this ever since you joined, but I knew it was better to stay quiet until I knew we fully trusted each other" Mei was confused, to say the least. Hansol had never been this serious, at least not with her, so this definitely came across as something weird.

"What is it Hansol?" Her voice smooth and calm, but on the inside she was anxious and panicked, hoping to have an answer to whatever Hansol was curious about.

"Well, it seems that you don't like to celebrate anything. When it was your birthday, it seemed like you didn't want anyone to know or to throw a huge party for you. For other people's birthdays, you seemed uncomfortable and uneasy, as if something was bothering you the whole time. And now you don't want to celebrate Christmas with any of us, even your closest friends. So what's up with that?"

Mei was, well, shook.

She hoped nobody had noticed the way she had been acting at these sort of things, but she knew it couldn't be helped.

She let out a long sigh and ran a hand through her slightly sweaty hair, arraigning her thoughts so she could have an appropriate answer.

"It goes back to a long time ago, so you might wanna sit down"

"Good morning Mr. Bang, it's good to hear from you again"

...

"Yes I understand, but she's not someone we can just let go of so easily"

...

"Alright, I'll have my assistant arrange everything for her visit, she'll give you a call as soon as she's finished"

...

"Okay, she'll see you then Mr. Bang, I'm sure you'll like her even more after her visit. Have a good day, sir"