IX

Two days before the holiday party, Mei is called into the chairman's office, something that has been happening often ever since she started receiving offers from other companies, but today felt different.

"Mei, I'm glad you could make it, please take a seat" She gladly sat on one of the luxurious chairs in front of his desk, making herself at home.

"I've got one more offer from another company Mei, but this one's different in a way. This offer comes from a smaller company with a rising group that debuted in 2013, but there's a few things you should know. First of all, it's the company's chairman who is making the offer because he discovered you himself, not one of those talent scouts other companies have. Second, he'd like to come over with his own group, so you can see what he's produced and made. And finally, he's offering a group debut and a solo after your group debuts"

"That's quite a lot, but how does he know I have solo potential? I mean, yeah he could've seen my dance videos and group evaluations, but he has no knowledge of what my limits and ranges are"

"Ah, there's the catch. He wants you to go over to his company, show you around and also demonstrate what a training day would look like with him. So what do you say?"

Mei didn't know what to say. It seemed like a pretty good deal, plus meeting the man wouldn't hurt, but she still had to think it through.

"I'll think about it, but I'll let you know by today. I just have to think it through for a few hours, maybe"

He understood and let her go back to whatever she needed to do. Mei decided she would just get something to eat, since she had skipped breakfast to meet with the chairman of the company.

She made her way towards the nearest convenience store, instantly looking for her favorite pack of ramen. When she was about to reach for it, someone else had also reached for it, making both of their hands touch.

She looked up, meeting the very familiar face of Wen Junhui.

"Ah, sorry" He said with a small blush on his cheeks, instantly retracting his hand back to his side.

Mei smiled at the shy boy and shrugged it off, telling him it was okay.

They both grabbed a packet of the ramen they wanted and an egg, then paying for the whole thing. Jun insisted on paying for Mei's meal, and even though she tried to refuse, he still managed to pay for both of them.

They both went over to prepare their ramen, both completely silent, until Jun decided to speak up.

"So how you've been? I've only seen you when I pass by the dance rooms, not that I stalk you or anything you know, I just happened to, I mean-"

Mei cut him off with a loud laugh, making his small heart melt in the cold winter weather. He could listen to her laugh on repeat for hours without getting tired of it, he just loved the sound. Soon, he joined in on the laughter, both of them looking like a pair of maniacs to any other person passing by.

The laughter soon dialed down when their ramens were ready, both of them taking a seat in a nearby bench outside the convenience store.

"Well to answer your question, I've been doing good. I'm just training a lot, plus I've been getting some offers in the past few months, so it's also been a little stressful, I just wanna relax sometimes but I know I have to keep working to become better"

Jun decided this was the moment. The moment everyone at the company had hoped for and everyone wanted to witness, but nobody actually would.

"Mei, can I ask you something?" He said nervously, hands shaking a little as he put his ramen cup to the side. Mei nodded and also placed her ramen aside, curious to hear what Jun had to say.

"Well, you see, the holiday party's coming up soon and I was, well, um, I was wondering if, maybe, you wanted to go with me?"

"Oh, um, sure! I'd love to!" Mei answered quickly, her heart racing a little.

Both of them happily continued eating their ramen and attempted to keep small conversations going without them turning awkward, but they failed miserably.

They also discussed the offer Mei had just been told about, and Jun thought she should take it, but Mei wasn't completely convinced. She was just scared of falling in love with a company that was not Pledis, but Jun still encouraged her to accept the meeting and try to warm up into the offer, since she had been offered almost nothing at Pledis since she had arrived.

Heading back into the chairman's office, she knew what decision to make, but she was still uneasy about the whole idea of changing companies.

"So you'll go to the company? Great! The chairman said that if you did decide to go, it would be in two days. I heard you didn't plan on going to the holiday party from some of your friends a while ago, which is good because you can actually attend this meeting. If you had actually wanted to go to the party, it would've been troublesome at this point, wouldn't it?"