XIII

New year, new training regimen. It was a completely new year, only a couple days into January and Mei had already hurt herself from training too many hours.

If anybody is wondering, no, JunMei did not have a New Year's Kiss, in fact, Mei had been too busy training that she was almost late for the countdown.

"I told you to not overwork yourself, but what do you do?" Joshua scolded Mei, sitting on the edge of her bed like a worried mother.

"I went through enough pain as it is, now can you stop scolding me? I need sleep"

"Mei you just woke up from a 3 hour nap, how much sleep does a small girl like you need?" A new voice was heard at the door, Mei looking up to see Hansol's eyes. "I need all the sleep I can get" She replied and buried her face into her pillows.

"No no no no no. The nurse said you have to start walking around for your leg to feel better, so come on, we're taking you somewhere" Joshua tried to pull the girl out of bed, but she grabbed onto the edge and held on for her life. "Hansol, a little help?" He motioned toward Mei, and both were now getting her out of bed, but failing miserably.

"How can two teenage boys not be able to pull a small injured teen out of bed?" Pinky teased, leaning on the edge of the doorframe, watching amused as the boys still struggled. Pinky sighed and spoke up "Tickle her sides, she'll let go immediately" And with that she was gone.

Once Mei was finally on her feet, she almost fell back onto the bed, but Hansol held her back while Joshua groaned. "If you don't get better by Thursday, you won't be able to attend the meeting with the company"

Mei stopped struggling and looked over at her calendar.

Sunday.

She knew this meeting was a life or death decision, seeing how she had turned down every single company that had been interested in her, and this company would probably be the last for a while.

"Fine, let me just change really quick" She said and pushed the boys out of the room. She sighed before walking over to her closet.

After deciding on an outfit, a normal pair of light wash jeans, a white shirt and her everyday converse, she was ready to go. "Okay, where are we going?" She said, tucking her phone into her pocket.

— [ time skip lol im lazy ] —

Sunday.

Oh dear Sunday.

Mei didn't feel mentally prepared for this at all, even though her leg had healed completely.

This time, no one from Pledis would be making her company, instead, she was left all alone to visit BigHit Entertainment.

She had researched here and there about BigHit, knowing the whole 2AM/2PM things that happened between JYP. She also knew about the two artists currently active at the company, both being formed by men.

She entered the building, ringing the button next to the big door that had the logo on it.

"Hello, BigHit Entertainment, how can we help you?"

"I'm here for an interview? My name's Mei"

There was a short silence until there was a buzz and the door unlocked, letting her in.

"Let's do this"