XII

[THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS ON THIS STORY IM ACTUALLY SOBBING WHILE WRITING THIS SVSJVSNS ILUSM]

Now that the time had finally come, Mei couldn't help but feel nervous. 'It's just a party' she kept telling herself, but she knew it was more than that.

It was the first time she had celebrated with others in a long time. It was the first time she had plans with a boy that wasn't related to her. It was the first time she had ever felt close to a group of friends. It was the first time she was 100% happy.

"How do I look?" Jun asked the boys, only to get over the top reactions from his best friends.

"If I were a girl, I would so hit on you" One of them said which made Jun almost choke on his own spit. "You could try, but you know that he would only have eyes for Mei" Hoshi teased and Jun started blushing.

Junhui's Korean had actually been improving thanks to the boys helping him. They constantly explained new concepts, and even gave him examples to help guide him. The boys knew his Korean had probably surpassed Mei's, but that was the least of their worries.

"Where are you meeting her again?" Hansol asked and Jun widened his eyes. He knew he had forgotten something but he didn't know what, until now.

"I- I forgot to set a place" He said shyly and Minghao groaned.

"Okay well, have fun sorting that out, I'm going to the party" He said and left, a few more boys following behind until Jun was left by himself.

"Guess I have to come up with something now"

Siyeon was helping Mei sort out her hair that was now curled, when a knock interrupted everyone in the dorm.

"Who is it?" Minkyung asked, making her way toward the door.

"It's Jun"

All the girls started freaking out and rushed to get Mei to the door, handing her purse and phone, opening the door to reveal the most handsome man Mei had ever seen.

"Wow" They both say at the same time, making the other blush slightly and laugh.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked her softly, not wanting to seem to nervous nor anxious.

"Yeah, let's go" She closed the door behind her and made the first move, holding his hand against hers. Jun tightened the grip on her hand and smiled lightly before making their way towards the party.

"Meiiiii~ I'm glad you could make it" A couple hours into the party and many people had already exceeded the regular number of drinks one should probably have.

She hadn't drank at all, only watching people around her getting drunk by the second. Jun had some drinks, but being the responsible gentleman he is supposed to be, he took them lightly and slowly, not wanting to get drunk and ruining this date for the both of them.

"You wanna go somewhere else? It's getting a little uncomfortable in here" She said into his ear, making him nod and grab her hand, leading her outside of the salon, dragging her towards a small garden outside.

She sat down on the grass immediately, her feet already sore from dancing and walking around for a couple hours in heels. He followed her lead, taking a seat next to her and stretching his legs, a sigh escaping his lips.

After a moment of silence they both had, Mei decided to speak up.

"Thank you" She said, laying down on the grass, looking up at the now dark sky.

"What for?"

"For everything, really. For this date, for helping me make new friends, for making me smile, but, specially, for making me feel happy"