Chapter 10: I Love You And I Live For You

Chapter 10

*Katherine’s POV*

It is officially February 14! Valentine’s Day! I have been waiting for today for like so long.  I went to my closet and felt like wearing something red, how about a red dress that stopped mid thigh and was perfectly fitted? It was a soft fabric and had pink and white hearts all over it. Definitely the stereo-typical valentine dress. I grabbed my dress and red undergarments and made my way to the bathroom.

After the shower, I came out of my room to dry my hair. Curling it would be nice. I smeared a red lip gloss on and put on light pink blush along with light pink eye shadow. I thought I looked pretty cute today.

“Happy Valentines!” Luke’s head shot in and swung the door open. Apparently, he didn’t try to dress according to the occasion at all as he was wearing a white v-neck shirt which complimented his muscles and black jeans. Whatever he wore, he still looked amazing.

“Oh yeah! Happy Valentine’s! I completely forget it was Valentine’s today!” I replied back sarcastically.

“Shut up Kat. Judging by your dress and make-up, it’s kind of obvious that you have been waiting for this day” he replied back, grinning widely  

I laughed and ran towards Luke. He hugged me and whispered in my ear:

You look amazing as always, beautiful”  

The way he said it sent shudders down my body. He tightened his hug and ran a hand through my hair. I don’t care if they mess up, I love it when he touches my hair.

“Today is going to be super special. But first we need to go shopping” He told me

“Shopping? For what?” I asked

“Come on Katherine! Maybe we find some nice things since its Valentine’s and all”

“Alright, let me get my jacket and purse” I ran to fetch it and Luke and I sat in the car, making our way towards Macy’s.

“This is so beautiful!” I gasped as I touched the silver locket gently. It was made from silver and was in the shape of a heart with tiny white stones embedded into it. The locket read “I love you and I live for you” on it and was probably the prettiest thing I ever set my eyes upon.

“You like it?” Luke asked

“Duh!”

“Excuse me, how much does it cost?” I asked the saleswoman.

“This is a lovely locket dear, the tiny stones embedded in it are actually diamonds. This although, as it is made of silver and counting the thin work that it has on it costs $549.99” the saleswoman said who had an unnaturally long nose.

“Oh okay, thank you.” I replied quickly. A pang of despair rushed over me. This locket was way too expensive.