Six

"So Muppet, he seems nice" I hear Kyle say as soon as I walk through the door.

"Extremely hot" Jamie mumbles before getting a playful push from Kyle.

"He's okay I guess" I try to play it cool but I fail.

"Okay? You were a second away from jumping the guy" Mandy bursts with laughter "The blush on your face gave it away"

"That's wasn't a blush. It was hot outside."

"Yeah, that explains the sweater you have on" She nods at my thick sweater.

"Okay enough teasing her" I love Kyle "We're wasting time, she should go to bed early to dream about him." I hate Kyle "But seriously, we have something we need to tell you." Jamie's laughter subsides and Kyle looks at me intensely.

What's going on? "You didn't come here to watch a movie did you?" I ask curiously. Something's up

"No Muppet... We came here because I have some bad news"

"What is it?" Mandy asks letting her nosy habit get the best of her.

"It's about Fin" Chills run through my body at the mention of his name.

"What about him?" I can't even say his name. Kyle's silence starts to drive me crazy. "Spit it out, Kyle!"

"Alright, Muppet but you need to stay calm for this." He pauses then says "He is out of jail."

As soon as the words are spoken, Mandy leaves the room giving us space to talk.

"No." I fall numb after hearing his words and in a blink of an eye, Kyle is seated next to me holding me close to him. I, on the other hand, am staring straight ahead trying to make myself believe that what he said is, in fact, true and not just another nightmare. Jamie and Kyle' s voices are nothing but background noises at this point and I am too numb to feel them around.

"Muppet!" Kyle's voice brings me back, I look at him with the same wide eyes. "Please calm down. I promise you he won't touch you as long as I'm here. You need to trust me. I need you to trust me. Understand?" He holds my face firmly in front of his to make sure I understand him clearly. I can't seem to find my voice so I only nod. "I'll see you tomorrow at campus Muppet. Please try not to think about it too much and call me if you need anything alright?" Kyle stands in front of me. I nod again.

"See you tomorrow" He gives me a kiss on my forehead and turns around to leave. He doesn't even give Mandy a glance. Come to think of it, he was avoiding her the whole time he was here. After I shut the door behind them, I look for Mandy but she is already in her room.

I take a well-needed bath then sit in my comfy bed trying not to think about Fin and the fact that he is free to do whatever he wants now. Eventually, I fall asleep.

......................

I wake up from a tickle to my nose.

What the hell? I chose to ignore it the first time, second and third as well, but by the fifth time, I am more annoyed than tired. I open my eyes to a bunch of distorted black hair shoved in my face.

"Em?" She doesn't move. "Mandy?"

"Mmmm"

"Wake up"

"Shh"

I kick her and she jumps up right and gives me a quizzical look. "What are you doing here?"

Is she drunk? "It's my bed idiot. What are you doing here?" I give her a second to look around and figure out that she is actually in my room.