Bad Comments

So here I am again. Scrolling through the youtube feed looking at the comments. Mark and I did a challenge video together a few days ago and it was really fun. We both thought everyone would enjoy seeing us do something together. Unfortunately, that's not how it turned out. I was looking through the comments and all I saw was hate after hate after hate. Not towards Mark but, towards me. ''Mark's going out with that loser?', "Mark honey you can totally do better", "Eww look at him!" "I don't know how Mark can look at him in the morning!". 

This was stupid but I couldn't help but feel like they were right. Even though I deal with hate quite well for some reason these felt like someone was stabbing me in the heart. They were telling me I wasn't good enough for him. That he'd be better off without me. At this point, I could feel my eyes start to well up and a few tears streamed down my face. As I kept scrolling I could hear the front door squeak open. 

"Hey, babe! I'm home!," Mark said. I quickly wiped the tears away and through my phone onto the table. The footsteps walked towards me. "Hey, Nate! So I was thinking-," he stopped as he saw me. Quickly he ran towards me and cupped my face in his hands. "Nate, what happened?" he said looking into my eyes, hoping to find an answer in them. "I'm fine Mark," I reassured him. "Really,". He shot me a skeptical look. "Nate I know you're not fine. Just tell me what's wrong," he said. "Nothings wrong! I'm fine," I told him once more. As I said it my phone started vibrating. Mark walked to the table and picked it up. I tried snatching it out of his hands but he wouldn't let me. 

His eyes darted back and forth reading all those horrible comments about me. He looked like he was about to cry. He threw the phone down and quickly pulled me into his arms. His arms tightened around me as if he thought that if he let go I would run away and never come back. "Baby. I'm so sorry about them. They don't know what they're talking about," he said. "Maybe their right," I whispered. 

Mark pushed me away a little bit to see my face. "What?," he said with a crack in his voice. "Maybe they're right, " I said once more. "Mark, sweetie I love you. I love you so much that it physically hurts but...maybe you would be better off with someone else. Maybe I should just go," I said as I started making my way to the door. He caught up with me and pulled me back into his chest and buried his face in my shoulder. 

"When are you gonna get it?," he said. "When are you gonna get that I only want you. I've never loved anyone else as much as I've loved you. You're the most important person in the world to me. I don't care what those other people say. You're the most attractive, most caring, and sweetest person I've ever known. I've made some stupid decisions in life but I'm not stupid enough to make the biggest mistake of letting you out of it. Call me selfish but I want you all for myself," he said as he started to pull me even closer. "Don't go, please. I need you,".

 Once he said those words I could feel all of the insecurities that haunted me slowly melt away. I realized that I didn't need anyone's approval of our relationship. And I certainly didn't need people telling me what I am and what I'm not. All that matters is that when I'm with Mark I'm happy. I turned around and kissed him on the cheek and with a smile, I replied,"okay,".

Moral of the story: Don't hate.