ch41

Ch41 Mrs. Lovett's POV

It's been a week now since i left fleet street. There are good days and bad. Today is a bad one normally i can get along without thinking about sweeney or all the terrible things that have happened to us but today i just can't. The sky is gray and bleak covered in clouds. I sent toby into town to do some shopping so i could have a little time for myself.

"As long as he needs me i know wear i must be. Ill cling on steadfastly just as long as he needs me" i sing walking through the garden in the back looking at all the flowerbed that are slowly dieing.

" as long as life is long i'll love him right or... wrong" i stutter as i suppress a sob on the last words all thee things i've done for him. I the lying scheming things i've done. I wipe my tears and head inside. Since i've been here i've been doing a lot of resting. God knows i need it but i have too much time on my hands too much time to think. I start cleaning the bedrooms just for something to do. I start organizing my jewelry when i come across the neckless sweeney gave me. I never took it off till that night. I start to cry cry at the memory of that happy day. God i need a drink anything to erase the pain. I put my hand on my stomach and take a deep breath. I wouldn't jeopardise my baby i would never.

"All by myself in the morning. All By myself in the night. I sit alone with a table and a chair so on happy there playing solitaire. All by my self i get colder, i hate to grow older all by my self" i sing the upbeat jazzy tune to lift my spirits a little.

" all by myself in the morning. All by myself in the night i get lonely watching the clock on the shelf i'd love to rest my weary head on somebody's shoulder i hate to grow older all by my self" i sing standing up i start to dance a little. I've always loved this song. I'm not all by myself really i have toby and the baby. I do feel lonely sometimes i miss sharing a bed with sweeny. Weeny. God why do i keep thinking about him i need to just move on.

"Mum" toby calls as i hear the door open i walk down the stairs to see him with his hands full with groceries. I put them away and make some soup for dinner. Me and toby eat in silence. I don't know what i can say i'm so stir crazy but part of me doesn't want to leave the house.

"Toby dear how would you like to go to school" i ask suddenly breaking the comfortable silence.

"Don't you need my help around here mum" he asks concerned. But i can tell by his tone of voice that he really wants to.

"Not that much since i'm not running the shop. I think it'd be a good idea to get you some proper schooling" i say enthusiastically smiling

"That be great mum" he says happily running over and giving me a hug.

"Alright i'll go see if i can set it up tomorrow" i say patting his back. He nods and cleans up the dishes and goes to his room to play.

I sit in the living room in a big comfy chair reading a book i remember my mother reading when i was little. It was her favorite so she never let me touch it. It's a story about a young girl who is forced to marry an abusive man and she ends up running away and finding love with someone else. It reminds me of albert and i. I thought about running away so many times but i couldn't leave ben. Abuse its such a common theme in my life it seems first albert then sweeney. Its different with sweeney i always new he was dangerous but i never thought he would harm me after the night when he first tried to kill me. I shiver at the thought of the cold blade across my neck and when i fell down the stares of the bake house. I'm glad i left fleet street i just wish sweeney was with me. Well i wish that night never happened. I sight and put the book down when i hear the doorbell ring.

"What on earth" i says standing up and walking to the door i look out the window in the door and my heart starts to beat faster and my body starts to shake. sweeney . how.