[9]

new format

Chapter 9 : Bubble Tea

I remember when I was younger. My Dad would always ask me the infamous question, 'Do you have a boyfriend yet?' and if I refused to answer, he would say something like 'If he hurts you, Dad will kill him, okay?'. That's what I loved about my Dad. He's makes lame jokes which make us laugh when the mood's down. He made happiness seem so easy. But I knew what he meant with his protective words. He didn't want for his children to be hurt. He cared for how we felt. When I was younger, I was closer to my Dad. My Mom would be too busy tending to my Brother's needs. I guess I was Daddy's Little Princess and he was a Momma's Boy.

I remember me crying to my Dad when Jimin left for America. He sat by my bedside, making sure I would go to sleep with a smile on my face. Even if it meant for him to go to sleep at late hours.

But now, I didn't cry. I wasn't angry. I didn't know how I felt. My Dad usually knew how I was feeling before I told him. But it's a totally different situation now. I guess you could say that there's a barrier.

"Yah. Emily. Are you just going to continue stabbing your eggs or are you going to eat them?" Jackson asks from across the table. I look down to my plate, seeing the yolk running down my plate. "Sorry." I said before I placed some ketchup on my plate and dipped the bacon in. "Dad. She didn't talk back." Jackson says, shaking his arm. "Yah. If this coffee spills on me, I'll make sure you don't get to eat ever again." My Dad says jokingly, making Jackson stop shaking his arm.

"Did you tell Mom about your situation?" Jackson asks, using his leg to hit my foot gently under the table. "No." I simply answered as I shoved a piece of the patty into my mouth. "Are you going to?" Mom asks. I shook my head. "I have no idea what's going on either so it would be irrelevant for me to tell you." I said as I took a sip of orange juice. "Honey, I'm worried.. Are you okay?" She asks, placing a hand on my shoulder. "I am Mom. Don't worry." I say, smiling at her before I continued eating.

"I'll tell her then." Jackson says, I lift up my head to see him looking over to Mom. "Jimin came back from the states and he has a crush on Emily. During his stay in America, Jimin had a girlfriend and she was in the room during the skype call where Emily confessed about how she felt towards Jimin. " He starts before taking a drink of the orange juice. "Is that all?" Mom asks. He shakes his head.

"Yesterday, Mark hyung got a little irritated because Emily answered our question about what happened with her and Jimin vaguely. And tada, now she's confused about how Mark might feel about her." I glare at my brother.

Why did he have to tell Mom? Mom never gives me advice about love. She'll just squeal about how I'm growing up.

"Aigoo.. My baby's growing up." She cooed, pinching my cheeks. I kick Jackson's leg, hard. Watching in delight as his proud expression turns to agony. "Did she kick your nuts or something?" Dad asks casually. "No. She kicked my shin." My Dad frowns. "Aim higher, sweetheart." He says, giving me an approving grin. I laugh as Jackson has a look of betrayal on his face. "Aigoo.. You two can never go a day without hurting each other." Mom sighs.

I wrap my hair in a towel and put on some comfy clothes. I didn't intend to go out today so I wore grey leggings with a black shirt. However, I was slightly curious as to why the boys weren't at the table for breakfast. Maybe they were out? Or they were still asleep?