[15]

Chapter 15 : Lipstick

I open my eyes to see Mark holding the cartons of milk and the two packets of cookies in his hands. "You sleep like a baby." He says when he sees that I'm awake. "Why?" I asked, taking one of the packets from him. "You were hugging my leg." Mark says, laughing softly. "I tend to hug things when I sleep." I say as I open one of the packets. "Here." He passes me a carton of milk. "I thought you bought this for you and Joan." I said, laughing as I thanked him. "Why would I?" He asks, as he puts a cookie into his mouth. "I don't know." I answered.

Mark and I went down the stairs to the living room where Joan was, with the boys. "Oppa!" Joan squeals. Mark acknowledges her with a smile before sitting down beside Jr. I sit down on the carpet with Yugyeom as usual.

"Oh. BTS is having an interview! Can we watch it?" Joan asks. They all look over to me. I nod.

"Alright now we have questions for Jimin. About the recent tabloids." The interviewers asks Jimin. To which he looked slightly confused but approved of it anyway. "Photos of you and this girl have surfaced. Who is she?" Then on the screen showed Jimin and I at the park when I had just arrived. "She's one of my childhood friends. Her name's Emily." Jimin answers simply while he shifts his body to look at the pictures. "Friends?" The interviewer asks. "Yes. We're only friends. Please don't try to shift the story." He says, facing the camera as he talks to the viewers.

"Wow. Respect for him taking the whole 'let's be friends' well." Jb says. I nod. "Okay, let's move on." Yugyeom says, clicking unto another video. I looked over to Mark who had his eyes shut as he faced the ceiling. I smile and look away. I guess he's been learning that from me.

"Unnie! Jackson's trying to hit me!" Yugyeom asks, using me as a shield. "I wasn't. I'm simply going to pet him, with my fist." Jackson says with a devilish grin on his face. I laugh and back away from the situation. "Aigoo.. These kids really." Jr complains, shaking his head. "Hey." Mark says from behind me. I look over and smile as he brings me into his arms as he hugs me from behind.

I look at the boys while they fight.

"How do you never get a headache from these boys?" I ask Mark, laughing. "I take some time alone to think and be by myself so I don't yell at them." He says, spinning me around. "I've never heard you yell. You're usually very calm and collected." I say, furrowing my brows. "You shouldn't see me angry. I don't want to scare you off." He says, giving me a smile as he leans against the wall. "Aish. What am I? A kid?" I questioned, punching his torso gently. "Sometimes you behave like one." He says. I huff and walk away from him as he laughs.

"Oppa! Can you accompany me to the bus stop? I'm a little scared." I hear Joan ask as I sit on the carpet, facing the quarrelling boys. "Oh. Okay." He says giving her a shrug. I look over to him and he looks over to me, giving me a reassuring smile. I look away as they leave the house.

The bus stop is pretty far from here. It's understandable why Joan would want Mark to accompany her. "Don't think about it too much." Jr says, facing me. I nod and give him a small smile.

The boys and I sat in a little circle playing the name game where you have to repeat your name several times then say someone else's name and if you mess up, you have to drink a mixture of salt and juice from a lemon or half a lemon. The night was full of sour faces and disgusted expressions. "Yah! You put so much salt in that!" Aside from that, we laughed when people messed up. It was fun.

However, I can't deny the fact that I was a little worried about Mark not being here yet. It has been about an hour or two since he left. "Guys. I'm going to bed first. Goodnight." I lied, heading to my bedroom. They waved as I left. I walked into my room and I see a packet of cookies and milk that had yet to be consumed. I smile and made my way to Mark's room where I put it by his bedside.

I go back to my room and shut the door, heading for the balcony.

Me :
Hey, where are you? It's been awhile since you've left. Did you get lost?

I waited for a response for about ten minutes, but he didn't answer. I tried calling him but there wasn't an answer. I frowned and texted him again.

Me :
Where are you Mark? I'll wait for you, okay? So don't be too long. x

I took a bean bag from inside my room together with a blanket unto the balcony. I looked at the stars, hoping that Mark would be safe. Worried that it might rain, I shifted the bean bag nearer to the sliding doors of my room where there was some shelter, enough to protect me from the rain.

I brought out my phone again.

Me :
I'm waiting on the balcony. So hurry back. I'm worried.

I shut my eyes, letting myself get some rest before he would eventually come home.

I woke up, confused.

Oh yeah. I slept out in the balcony, waiting for Mark. I shifted myself slightly, only for my movements to be restrained. Mark had an arm around me while he sat on the floor, soundly asleep. He should've just went to his bed. I shook him gently. "Mark. Wake up." His face moved over to the other side. And I saw a pink lip print on his cheek. I bit the inside of my cheek, trying not to be affected by this. He stirs slightly before he wakes up. I look down at me, forcing a smile. "Sorry I took long." He says. "It's fine. Go wash up. You're still in your clothes from yesterday." I tell him as I get up and fold my blanket. He walks off, without another word.

He had a lipstick print on his cheek. I knew that it came from Joan. Because she was with him before he came home. I brought the bean bag and the blanket back into my room. Was I upset? Frustrated? Or was it Jealousy? But.. I don't have a reason to be jealous. I'm not his girlfriend anyway. Then it got me wondering, what are we? Friends? A couple?

I washed my face and brushed my teeth, going to the kitchen where I sat there, slightly emotionless. The boys had their usual conversation and my parents talked to them as well.