[14]

Chapter 14 : Just a little.

I got back to my room with Mark's blazer still on me. It smelled just like him. Okay. That sounds creepy.

"Keep it. Cover up. Don't wear things that are too revealing. Okay?"

I took it off me and put it on a coat stand in my room. I took off the makeup and combed through my hair, getting rid of the hairspray and tying it up into a ponytail. I unzipped myself from the prom dress which I put up on a hanger. Tonight definitely means a lot to me.

I put on a hoodie and leggings, putting on my grey slippers before opening the sliding doors to the little balcony outside my room. I looked up to the stars and smiled as they twinkled once more. My phone vibrates, disrupting my peace.

I took it out from my pocket and saw that I had received a text message.

Mark :
Aren't you going to bed yet?

Huh? How does he know that I'm awake?

Me :
Oh? Yeah. I'm in bed.

I guess a small little lie won't hurt. I shrugged and leaned against the railings, smiling as the cold breeze hits my face.

Mark :
Emily Wang, you're at your balcony right now. Have you forgotten that Jackson has the same balcony?

My eyes widened, looking over to my left to see Mark at the balcony as well.

Me :
I just don't want this day to end I guess.. I'm just a little afraid that when I wake up, all of this would end up being a dream. Just a bit more & I'll sleep.

"Yah. You've already seen me here. What are you still texting me for?" Mark calls. I rolled my eyes. Whether he likes me or not, still an obnoxious little shit. I walked over to where I would be closest to him. "So why aren't you asleep?" I asked, using his question against him. "Well, I was about to. Then I saw you at your balcony. Being out here is better than being in there with your talkative brother." He says, groaning as he comes closer to me as well. I laugh and shake my head as I look up to the sky.

"What's on your mind?" He asks, leaning against the railings that separated us. "Just wondering that if I wake up and the same Mark from days ago would return and greet me instead of the Mark now. I'm wondering what I'm going to do." I said, looking down to my feet. "You want to know what both Marks have in common?" He asks, using his hands to tilt my chin up so my eyes meet his. I nod as he pulls his hand away. "Both of them care for you. Both of them find you fascinating. So go to sleep without being afraid, okay?" He says, smiling sweetly.

There you are. This is the Mark I talked to during the Barbecue day.

I woke up to the excessive amounts of notifications I was getting. I checked the time to see that it was 12pm. My eyes widened and I took my phone.

Mark :

10.25 am : Good Morning. Come down and help us with breakfast if you want.

10.45 am : Are you not awake yet? Your parents are at the table.

11.15 am : Hmm.. You must be really tired if you're sleeping up till now. Your parents have left already. Did your thoughts keep you up again?

I smiled at his concern. I guess what he said last night was true.

Me :
I guess they did. I'm not really sure of what happened. I'll come eat after I wash up a little. x

I went to the bathroom, washed my face and brushed my teeth. Letting out a yawn as I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen where the boys were. I assumed they've already eaten and that they were just waiting until I finally woke up. "Woah. She's alive." BamBam says jokingly. "Sorry." I say, smiling before I sit down to eat. "Mark hyung hasn't eaten either. He's in Jackson's room. Should I call him down?" Youngjae asks. "Huh? It's okay. I'll bring his breakfast up for him." A voice says. I looked over to see Joan. "Since when did you arrive?" I asked, my eyes widening. "Just now. Good Afternoon." She says, in which the boys return her with a mumbled response. I quickly type Mark a message.

Me :
I'm in the kitchen, come eat your breakfast. You shouldn't have waited. x

Soon, I hear footsteps down the stairs and Mark steps into the kitchen while Joan was carrying a tray of his food. "Oh! Oppa, I was going to bring this to you. Here you go." Joan places his food by the seat that was slightly far from me. "Oh. Thank you." He says before shifting to the seats that were nearer. "No problem Oppa." She chirped, sitting beside Mark.

"Em. Do you want anything from the grocery store?" Jr asks as he hops down from the counter. "Huh? Oh.. Get me some famous amos cookies please." I tell him, giving him a small smile. "Hyung what about you?" Jr asks Mark. "The same thing and two mini cartons of milk." Jr nods, leaving with Youngjae and Jb. Jackson, Yugyeom and BamBam stay in the kitchen, talking to each other while I sat there in silence, eating my food.

I went over to the sink and washed my plate and cup. "Oppa. When they come back, could you bring the cookies up to my room? I need to do something." I tell Jackson. He nods and gives me a thumbs up. I looked over to Mark as he washed his plate with Joan practically attached to his hip. "Em. You need my help for that thing remember? So just wait." Mark says, not even looking at me. "Okay."

I didn't have a 'thing', I just didn't want to be around Joan. "Oh! Can I come too?" Joan asks, linking her arm with Mark. "No. Just stay with the boys." Mark removes her grip on him before he pulls me with him when he leaves the kitchen. "Is she always this clingy? It's annoying me." He says as we walk up to my room. "She likes you. Of course she'll be clingy." I say as we enter my room. The warm temperature was comforting. "You like me, but you're not clingy." He says, his tone confused as he closes the door behind him. I lay down on my carpet, staring at the ceiling. "I don't know." I say as I shut my eyes. I hear him shift before my head is lifted unto his lap. I look up to see him looking straight ahead as his hands support him when he leans back.

I smile and shut my eyes, feeling at peace. "You know, you're more of a nice person now." I pointed out, making him flick my forehead and rubbing it gently after that. "I guess now that I've told you how I felt, I don't need to distance myself anymore." He says. Even though my eyes were shut, I knew he was smiling. You can hear it through his tone.

"I'm glad you're in a good mood." I say, smiling as well. "I am too." He says as his fingers play with my hair. "What do you think will happen if Jackson sees us like this? He asks, as he uses his fingers to gently pull my eyes open. I open my eyes to see him looking down to me. "You're just as talkative as my brother. Now hush." I say reaching for his cheeks and pressing them together before I shut my eyes again.