Daydreams and New Friends

just so you know: no actual starco yet. im just introducing the characters but if you want to go ahead and start reading starco, skip to this chapter: (Getting Even and Getting Dates)

STAR'S POV

I stood there, my face reddening and my hands sweating like crazy. My hair was frizzy, my smile was weak and it felt like I might die in front of all these judgmental girls. I tried to talk, but whenever I did, the words stumbled out of my mouth. Why do you have to be so dang nervous all the time?, Star thought. Then she silently did a prayer asking for forgiveness, knowing that her dad would have whooped her for even thinking the word "dang". The girls started snickering. I shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot. Could this get any more awkward?

The teacher, Mother Morgenso, sighed and cleared her throat. "Um, tell us where you're from, Star" she pronounced. I thought a little bit about how I could answer this question, and then finally coming upon a reply, wrung my hands together and spoke up, trying to ignore the gossiping and whispering.

"All over" I said, but when the girls began to giggle at me again, I realized I had to elaborate. "You see, my parents are the King and Queen of Mewni. It's a place with a lot of culture, and not even considered a real country. But I really love it there. There are many places we've lived in Mewni. We call them dimensions. So, yeah. I've always traveled. All over" I faked a confident smile and everyone clapped, slowly, as if they were mocking me. I began hiccuping. I hiccup when I'm nervous. A girl with short blonde hair, striking eyes and clearly distracted cutting out pictures of her and pasting them on top of celebrities in her magazine. I blushed under her harsh gaze.

"That is so intriguing! Hopefully, you can educate us on what it's like to live somewhere cool" Mother Morgenso muttered. I don't think she even registered she had spoken aloud. "Well! What do you like to do, Miss Butterfly?" Mother Morgenso murmured. The class laughed at me again. I didn't blame them. The surname Butterfly was kind of odd, but not where I was from. Not when I was a princess.

I licked my lips and hiccuped once more, still shifting uncomfortably from foot to foot. I sighed and began talking again. Catholic school was so awkward.

"Well I like listening to music...and gymnastics...and I love to dance" and for the first time that day, I broke into a huge smile, and no one laughed. The blonde girl even gave me a small smile. 

"Being around royals is pretty dead, unless you are a major royal, like my mom and dad. I had a lot of daydreams. I have a lot of daydreams. And my daydreams were always the same. That one day, I was going to get to Chicago. Illinois, where I am now. I was going to get to Chicago, because that's where they make DanceTV" I smiled big again and found my seat alone at the back as the theme song began to play in my head...
>>>>>
•if you guys want to see the theme song, just go to Netflix and watch it or look it up online🙃•
>>>>>
Class let out and everybody filed onto the buses or car rider line. I climbed onto the bus, holding my stack of books tight and straddling my brown bag to my waist. This was so dang awkward! Silent prayer. Suddenly, the girl from home room, with the short blonde hair, called out to me.

"Star! Hey Star! Can you cover for me?" the girl shouted. Eager to have someone to talk to, I sat down my stuff and took a seat down next to her, taking off my bag. "Hold your blazer open" the girl murmured, before taking off her skirt. Thank goodness I was holding up my blazer, or else...and even then, I was still violating my father's rules. Don't talk to strangers. And NOW, I was helping somebody undress on the freaking bus. This was sooo outrageously awesome. Or was it outrageously stupid? I couldn't decide. "Thanks" the girl said, before ripping off her uniform. I watched, wife-eyed. "Velcro. Greatest invention of the 20th century" she giggled and I smiled back. This girl was cool. "My name's Kelly Jones" the girl held out a hand. "Hi" I shook it, still in awe of this self-assured person I had just met. She was the exact opposite of what I'd call catholic. She slid on a plaid blue and black vest.