Dance Offs and Opportunities

No One's POV

It was a simple night at the home of Star's, and Johnny and his mom had settled down on the couch to watch some TV. The current channel was on a reality TV show, where DTV was playing. Johnny kept to himself, but smiled as the host began to speak. He knew that Star was there, and he was proud of her for getting past her shyness and good girl propensity. Now all he had to do was keep his mouth shut. "Live from Chicago - It's DTV Time! Tonight, we've got special show for you! After a week of open auditions around the country, our staff selected these finalists. Here they are: the six hottest dancing couples in America. They are beating for the chance to become..." but just as the show was about to do a panorama of the contestants, Johnny and Star's dad walked in with a newspaper and rolled his eyes, about to change the television set to the big football game when their mom stopped him, smiling dreamily as if she were sixteen again. "Oh, leave it on a sec. It reminds me of when we used to dance" she patted his arm and he grinned slightly. "Hey, there's Star on TV!" Johnny exclaimed, animatedly, then clamping his hand over his mouth.

How stupid could a little boy be?

"So, stay with us, because judges are waiting in the wings and all we need is you in front
watching Dance TV!" the show cut to commercials and Star's dad began to get angry. "Did know anything about this?" dad turned to mom and scowled at Johnny. "No" Johnny said for her, because his mom was clearly shocked speechless. "Stay here. I'm going over there" dad stormed off and mom protested, but there was nothing left to do but watch the show and hope the best for Star.

STAR'S POV

"Our first couple met at the dance contest in Park Ridge, Illinois. Please, welcome Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark. Are you ready? Here we go" the host announced the beginning of the competition and I glanced up at Marco nervously, who had his arms tightly wrapped around mine.

Slow-Slow-Quick-Quick-SlowSlow-Slow-Quick-Quick-SlowCountdown Its getting to the flight timeNight stars are shining in my eyesMy shoes are going to be the first onesTo dance deep up in the SkysDancing in Heaven I never thoughtI could get my feet this farOrbital Be-BopDancing in Heaven I never thoughtI could get my feet this farOrbital Be-BopKick it out!

They were good. They had some tricks. "Stay positive. We can do this" Marco massaged my temple and I took a deep breath. "Our next couple call themselves "Mirror Image". I think you can see why. Please welcome, the Barber sisters from Kansas City" the host gestured to two girls who looked like they could be twins. They were energetic, and I liked their dance, but when I took a peek at the judges they looked disappointed. 

"Our next contestants are no strangers to dancing on TV. They dance on a local show in Miami, Florida. They are Tyler Alvarez and Paris Smith" an interesting looking couple, with colorful clothing and seductive smiles drew me in immediately, and the judges seemed pretty into them too. The only problem was; watching them dance was like walking in on your parents doing the do. I blushed so hard, and I was pretty sure Marco got a boner. "Couple No5 comes from Lake Forest, Illinois. Everyone's favorites, who don't even need last names, are Jamie and Nick! And Jamie tells that she's wearing a one of the kind Michelle Saint Germain original" the host pointed to Jamie, who was doing more of a modeling session than dancing, showing off her fancy lavender outfit. Nick, who must've been her partner, had to tap her to begin the routine. I secretly hoped that was points off. I had to admit, their pirouettes were perfect and Nick had a sort of advantage, because he had muscles fit for a bodybuilder and not a dancer, so he lifted Jamie with such ease that it looked quite impressive. I looked at Marco, who's teeth were clenched. When they finished, they waltzed off and Jamie winked at Marco, who turned away quickly and gave my hand a squeeze. We were the last ones. "I'm ready to dance if you are" I declared and Marco nodded. "Our final contestants are from right here in the Chicago area. Star...uh...Star!! and Marco Diaz" the host stated, less enthusiastically than he had any others. But we couldn't let his rudeness get us down. The lights flashed on us and I decided it was time. It was time to dance.