Tension and Lies

just so you know: small starco :)  if you want to go ahead and start reading the beginning of their relationship, which begins with a date, skip to this chapter: (Getting Even and Getting Dates)

STAR'S POV

We had been singing "Angels We Have Heard on High" for hours now, it seemed, and not only was that exceptionally boring, but I had rehearsal with Marco any second now. Why did nuns-in-training even have to sing? GOSH! I looked, worryingly, to Kelly, who, instead of studying both the teacher and her songbook, was reading the latest issue of a popular teen magazine. She rolled her eyes, but her pupils widened as she realized why I was so uptight.

As subtly as she could, I watched out of the corner of my eye, Kelly sliding down her magazine to the floor, opening her book and preparing for what we had practiced if I ever found myself in this compromising situation, knowing I didn't do well under pressure. All of a sudden, she pushed me down, in a non-visible position, so that I could escape.

I pawed my way past the shuffling flats and tights as Kelly began singing way out of proportion and tune; say-day-oh-say-day-oh she sang, flipping her hair and hopping around and I laughed at her humor and breathed a hefty sigh of relief at her loyalty. Everyone giggled and was thankful for the distraction. Mother Wendyll scolded her, and picked up right where we left off, as I looked around to make sure the coast was clear, and ran for the bus stop, so that I could make it to rehearsal in time.

AT REHEARSAL HALL

MARCO'S POV

"So where were you last night? I waited an hour and a half" I said, annoyed and trying to make small talk so a random compliment about how Goddang good she looked in her uniform wouldn't escape me. "I tried to tell you that I couldn't go but you hung up too fast" Star muttered defensively, as we both put down our bags. I raised my eyebrows. I did tend to hang up too fast. Past experience from staying on the phone too long gave me anxiety...

Moving on, I took out the radio and CD. Music began playing as I started it. The tension only rose when I saw her take out a binder, and flip it open as she went en pointe and jumped up, looking at the papers. I rolled my eyes. "So, you're going to do homework now? That's terrific" I lolled my head around and then did a lunge. "For your information, I just made some notes in case there was something that you couldn't do" Star gazed at me with those beautiful, bright, big eyes and I frowned, hiding a smile.

"I can do anything you can do" I stood up, challenging her. She put her hands on her hips and challenged me back with a sexy little eyebrow raise. "Really? Because I was thinking we'd start off with something like this" and before I could but in, I watched intently she launched into an impressive gymnastics routine. One 1/4 jump, down to the floor, arm up, half-pushup, slide legs from under, and up over with a full donkey kick ending with an aerial. I resisted clapping.

"A little babyish, don't you think?" I spat. Star shook her head and smirked. "Look, I've been taking gymnastics and dance for 10 years. What did you have in mind?" Star shot back. I turned to face the mirror, coming up with something I had seen on television. "I was thinking a little something like this" and then I went into a dance from the commercial. Only problem was, as I finished and glanced back at Star, she seemed to catch on right away. "Yeah. I saw that in three different videos in a Levi's commercial" Star crossed her arms. Smart aleck.

So hot.

"Come here" I gestured for Star to come where I was on the floor. She blushed, and walked hesitantly over to me. I positioned her in front of me. "Go like this. 5, 6, 7, 8" I snapped my fingers and switched from foot to foot, putting interchanging arms up at the motion of a foot switch. I did that a couple of times and then Star caught on. Once I felt we had it, I nodded, but she kept on doing it. Slow down now, overachiever.