Calls with Flying Nuns and Uniforms

i'm aware that a lot of people only like to read starco "romance" butttt: no actual starco yet. once again, just some cute little stuff right now. to get real romance go to this chapter: (Getting Even and Getting Dates)

MARCO'S POV

I looked out the window as a huge truck carrying cleaning supplies zoomed past my small house. I sighed and turned to my little sister. "I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, I didn't mean to" I murmured, apologizing to my sister, who was cutting up onions and still looked hurt from what I had said about her and Tommy earlier today.

"You looked great today, you sure fooled Tommy" I added, trying to give her a compliment. But even so, all Kylie did was look up to the ceiling, surcease her cutting of onions and gave me a glare. Jeez. Girls.

"Anybody could fool him" Kylie shot back, stomping over to the table and distributing the bowls. "You know, last year I caught him undressing my Barbie doll" Kylie rambled, before shaking her head in self-denial. "When am I ever going to grow up?" Kylie uttered, almost to herself.

I rolled my eyes. "Kylie, you're twelve. Next October you'll be thirteen, then you'll be fourteen, and that's how it goes" I shrugged and shoved a couple of macadamia nuts in my mouth. Kylie sauntered back over to me. "I don't mean age. I mean, women stuff" Kylie leaned her back against the counter and took it upon herself to eat a nut too.

"Ooh" I teased her, stepping away slowly, knowing I was really of no help in that department. "Don't make fun! Mom never got to that part" Kylie argued, and I bit my lip, remembering mom, and how she had always talked about giving Kylie "the talk". She couldn't do that now. Because she was dead, living in Heaven with angels. Well, at least that was what dad said. I tried to make the subject more light-hearted. "Well, I don't know who's going to teach it to you now. I mean, dad's no good. All he told me was "don't be embarrassed son. just don't read playboy right before you go to bed" I joked, impersonating dad, who was just as sexually awkward as Kylie, and that Catholic School Girl. The good news was, I got Kylie to smile.

All of a sudden, dad ambled into the kitchen with his lunchbox from work. "Hey guys! I figure supper's ready?" dad laid down the lunchbox, and gave Kylie an enormous hug while I mumbled "yep". "So, how was work, pop?" I asked, digging my nose in the fridge for my nachos. DANG IT! THERE WEREN'T ANYMORE!

"Uh, absolutely stimulating" he said sarcastically. I nodded, and popped open a can of soda, not surprised of dad's work description because that was just the usual for my padre. The thing about his job is, it's owned by somebody very rich, who is very snobby and unfair, and always finds ways to make his employees days miserable, up until they quit, get fired or retire.

"I take it that's for me" dad pointed to the soda can that I had opened, and I widened my eyes. Not originally, I wanted to say, but instead, I just gave it to him. "Thanks" dad said, walking to the table. "You're not too tired, are you dad?" Kylie questioned, wringing her hands together nervously. I knew just what was about to happen. "Again? You broke it again?" dad exclaimed, quite frustrated. I just rolled my eyes and joined Kylie and dad at the table.

"I didn't break it, it just sorta fell off" Kylie muttered.

"Kyles, I don't understand how that doorknob keeps coming off. I mean, that's the fourth time this month, you know?" dad said, before praying. I immediately followed his actions, even though I didn't really believe in any religion. Kylie poured her milk. I started making jokes at her and Kylie just shook her head, frowned at me, then revolved towards dad and flashed a bright smile. "Guess what, daddy? MARCO, is going to be on DanceTV" Kylie pronounced. "KYLIE!" I shouted, trying to get her to stop talking. I really hadn't wanted anyone else to know about what had gone down. "Care to clue me in?" dad looked at me.