Rehearsals and Knock-Outs

i'm baaaaaack!

JAMIE'S POV

"You mean you can't fix the contest? Or you won't?" I spat, spanking the pool ball into the slot and glaring at my father. It had only been a day since Star and her ratalong friends had completely crushed my birthday party and destroyed my father's hair. All I wanted was for him, with his big bucks and various connections, to rig the contest so I could win, both Marco and the title, and rub it in Star's goodie-two-shoes face. Daddy sighed.

"Princess, you're going to need to start learning how to fend for yourself. I keep telling you that. It's a cold world out there" he responds roughly. "Daddy, I don't want to win the contest for me...I wanna win it...for you" I walked over to him, my voice sugary. I smiled for extra emphasis and he grinned back. "I could not STAND it if those tacky kids Star and her little boy toy, Marco, and he's not so bad won" I scoffed. "Marco? That's one of my employee's sons!" my dad exclaimed, massaging his chin. I shrugged. "As long as he's with Star, I'm not happy. His dad shouldn't be happy either" I narrowed my eyes, hinting at some disciplinary actions such as...firing? Hmm. That sounded...devilish.

Perfect.

I had to make it more convincing though, you know, like on the TV shows.

"They trashed my party. Embarrassed you infront of all your friends. And on top of that, they ruined all of your silver hair" I purred, patting his disaster of a food bleach and shaking my head with a disgusted look on my face, which everyone seemed to find so..angelic. He sighed again. "I'll think about it, darling" he muttered.

STAR'S POV

I heard my mom creak open the door and I quickly pulled on my bed comforter over my date clothes, my heart beating swiftly. "You sure you ok?" I perceived my mom's high-pitched and regal-sounding vocals. "Y-yeah mom. Just tired...that's all" I bit my lip nervously. Why did I have to stutter?

"If you say so, baby. Sleep tight" she closed the door and promptly, I skipped out of bed and hurried over to the window, where I slid it open, feeling the rush of wind embrace my bare shoulders. I looked over my outfit, making sure everything looked right. A turquoise crop top, baggy purple jeans, my matching purple denim jacket tied around my waist, the most expensive sneakers I owned, touches of makeup that I was usually to shy to display and hair that still wouldn't stay down on the frizz no matter how many times I straightened it. Still. I was ready go!

I glanced out over the window and took a deep breath. I couldn't jump. Too high of a distance, concrete wasn't safe. My first time sneaking out. I had no idea what to do, but I tried to use logic. I placed my butt on the brick windowsill, pushed the window up higher with my free hand that wasn't balancing on the brick, and swung my legs over, before rethinking, and placing my feet back on the windowsill and slowly standing up. Then, I seized the closest and strongest tree branch within reach and made my way down at the quickest pace I could muster. Touching down on the grass, I jumped up and down with excitement, and then made my way to The Court to meet Marco for our date!

AT THE COURT

"On the Loose" played on constant repeat as I spun up on my toes, moving backwards as Marco supported my waist. We both could not stop smiling, and I was having the best time, as I met some of his friends and tried my first champagne. Marco trailed his hand down my arm and lifted my hand, before taking me into his arms, wrapping them around me and spinning me outward, a move we had finally mastered thanks to our "little rehearsal" here. I bit my lip and let out a woop of surprise as he picked me up and whirled me around in a circle. We were so content that I almost didn't notice a pretty brunette girl walk up to us. "Hey Marco!" she shouted. Marco and I stopped gyrating suddenly. "Uh...hey B-Fly. What's up?" he blushed and let me go. I frowned slightly, gazing at Marco's facial expressions. Yep. Definitely an ex-girlfriend. And B-Fly? How come I didn't have a cool nickname?