Tryouts and Sabatoge

just so you know: no actual starco yet. once again, just some cute little stuff right now. to get real romance go to this chapter: (Getting Even and Getting Dates)

STAR'S POV

"Ohmygosh" I gasped, hiccuped and fell into Kelly's arms. Kelly giggled. How could I possibly be so embarrassing?

"It's alright. Plenty of guys like girls in a uniform" Kelly tried to soothe me. "Name. Two" I looked Kelly right in the eyes. "Your father...and Captain Kirk" Kelly grinned and I laughed, palming my face as we went to get our number assignments. "Hi, I'm Kelly Jones, my lucky number is 21" Kelly said, but still, the woman running the table gave her an 87. Kelly rolled her eyes. "I have a real way with authority figures" Kelly muttered as I was handed my paper, which had a 35 on it.

JAMIE'S POV

Daddy had finally given me my new red car. I drove confidently into the parking lot downtown for DTV auditions. There were two frumpy looking girls standing and I almost ran over them, laughing the entire time. What losers, I thought.

They ended up falling on the concrete. I turned around, flashing an award-winning smile. "Sorry" I said, my voice dripping with irony. The one wearing a uniform looked like crap, but the taller one, she looked pissed. But she wasn't scaring me. Not yet. The tall one still had a blank face on, and was taking off her green army jacket. Her eyes were narrowed, but I continued to keep a smile on my face. I raised an eyebrow, basically asking her to challenge me. The tall one dropped her jacket. "Kelly" the one wearing the uniform said in a warning tone, picking up the green jacket. But it was too late. "Kelly" was already coming my way. I was starting to get a little nervous now.

Kelly walked slowly towards me. My smile dropped. Kelly raised her hand as if she was going to slap me and I leaned back, terrified. Daddy wasn't going to pay for a new nose!!! But all she did was look in my rear review mirror and comb down her hair. I heaved. This was awful! "It looks alright? Thanks babe" Kelly patted my shoulder and pranced off back to her friend. Huffing, I vowed that I would get this Kelly girl back. Everyone began laughing.

All of a sudden, the nerdiest kid I have ever seen walked up to me. "Nice car. I've got exotic wheels myself" he said, attempting to flirt. I was too annoyed for this. "What is it? A Shrine TedSpeed?"

•TBH I have no idea what this girl said in the movie so Ima just say...Shrine TedSpeed haha•

He licked his lips and walked away. "Yeah" he muttered.
>>>>>
STAR'S POV

"Alright! Alright! Settle down, folks!" a man wearing an Elvis rip-off outfit called out. The number assignment woman was up there with him too. "Are we ready?" the man, who appeared to be the host and judge of the auditions called out. The crowd clapped. I still could not believe I was here! "If we could have the first group up on stage please!" the host announced. "If you don't have a partner, don't worry about it! We'll pair you up! We just wanna see you dance. Alright? So let the games begin!" the host and judge calls out and everybody claps and jumps up and down, eager to get this thing started. Everybody files onto the stage and Martha and the Vandellas "Dancing in the Streets" begins to play.

A lively African number performs, as well as tappers and ballerinas. It's all so fun and festive! I'm just having a great time. There are cheerleaders and body builders, and the bad boy that I thought was flirting with me. I try to avoid him.

"I want you and you" the assistant cuts in front of Kelly and takes my hand, placing it into a tall boy's one. He's wearing a varsity jacket, curly brown hair, is tall and has pale skin.