Getting Even and Getting Dates

MAJOR SHOUTOUT TO : xxsnowflakestoriesxx     |you're awesome :)

STARCO STARTS HERE!

MARCO'S POV

For the past thirty minutes, I had watched, amused, as Tommy attempted to flirt with a collection of gorgeous girls and failed. Miserably. He came back, deflated, and I handed him a sip of spiked soda, mixed by me, myself and I. "It's...refreshing" he raised an eyebrow. I groaned. He knew me so well.

"I spiked it only because this party is lammmmmmeeeee and we could all use some excitement" I drawled out the lame in a Jamie accent and we both burst out laughing. Suddenly, a band began to play. Everyone's eyes averted to a made-up entrance with pink balloons, crème streamers and a long walkway. "Here comes the queen herself" Tommy joked, as Jamie appeared on the arm of her father, who happened to be my dad's boss.

I rolled my eyes at their fake smiles and fancy clothes. Jamie looked like she was getting married for goodness sake. But still, she looked good. Were all Sweet 16's like this?

After her official arrival, Jamie milled around with her fake friends spreading rumors and pinching random guys' butts while I secretly thought about Star. If she was here, what would I do? Say?

"Yo. Isn't that...Star?" Tommy joked. I sighed. Did he really have to play with my feelings like that? I took my eyes off my shoes and to where Tommy was pointing. Only to see that he wasn't joking. Not at all! Star Butterfly, was standing there, in her good girl glory, with her hands wrung impatiently and her clothes, surprisingly, modern and not looking like they came out of some old movie. She looked anxious, like she was waiting for something to happen, or for someone to be there. I nodded. "Talk to her" Tommy shrugged, eyeing Star before heading off to try another bold pick up line that was sure to go downhill.

I took a deep breath, and strolled over to where Star was. "Forgot your friends?" I whispered in her ear, using the most husky and attractive voice I could muster. She giggled and turned, only to stop smiling when she saw me. "No. Kelly and Kylie are...getting something" she crossed her arms. "Kylie?" I raised an eyebrow. How had my sister even gotten in? More importantly, how had Star gotten in? Didn't Jamie hate her? "Yep" Star said, and then things got awkward. A slow song came on and couples surged onto the dance floor, including Jamie and some guy from school.

STAR'S POV

He looked good in a suit, more mature and much hotter. I wasn't even afraid to admit it. Marco was cute. And the fact that he was with me right now made my heart race and unknown feelings submerge. I almost forgot about the plan as a slow song came on and Marco looked me straight in the face. "Would you like to dance with me, flying nun?" Marco bowed and glanced up at me cheekily. "Of course, Motorcycle Boy" I curtsied, and took his hand as he led me into the center.

He was so close, his chest right up to mine, his lips inches away. They looked so...oh gosh! I needed to watch out for Kelly's signal. I needed to be ready, not dancing with my cocky dance partner. I was about to pull away when he spoke in my ear again. I bet he did this to all the girls, but it sure did work.

"You're so beautiful" he muttered. I blushed. "Really? You think so?" I said, as he twirled me a bunch of times and then dipped me. "Really" he nodded, before blushing himself. Now, I pulled him close. "Tell me...how come we get into arguments?" I asked. It was a genuine question too.

MARCO'S POV

I exhaled. "Truthfully...I don't know. You seem so preppy. Perfect. Pure. All the P words. I guess I just didn't want you to judge me, so I didn't act all desperate for you or anything...even though, you are clearly the most amazing girl I've ever met. But arguing with you, I think it just made everything so much worse" I spilled all my feelings right then and there. "It did" she nodded and I felt really bad. She hadn't deserved the way I had treated her. I wanted to tell her that I was attracted to her, in a way that both confuzzled and intrigued me. I was going to say something but then, impetuously, a man wearing ninja attire burst through a left wall window, cracking the glass and causing a commotion. I stepped back from Star who was laughing and clapping as Kylie and Kelly ran up to her and slapped Tommy to see if he had witnessed what I just had. He just nodded. More people flooded the area. Guests scrambled out of their seats and tried to escape.