Chapter 7

A/N: Happy Thanksgiving!!! First off, this is a place to escape the crazy world of 2016 - I'm hating every minute of it. Second, I'm SO excited for the return of Young Justice (yeah still hasn't hit me yet THAT IT'S HAPPENING) AND I'm utterly obsessed with my fellow Hufflepuff, Newt Scamander. Please direct any fan fics about him my way!! 

But, back to our story. As you will notice, there are a lot of light fluffy moments to come between our pair, and I promise it's with good reason. It's been FIVE books, we all deserve some happiness and moments between our characters. For some reason, this was some what hard to write, only because I like to write angsty, drama filled stuff. I hope you're enjoying the story and that you'll stick around to the end - we're getting close! So sit back, grab some turkey or maybe some pumpkin pie and enjoy chapter 7. 

"Which do you prefer for the center bouquet?"

Myndéa held up several types of fabrics, staring at the mass mound that was stacked on her bed. Meanwhile, Sigyn was holding Nyla, rocking her back to sleep now that she had been fed. The thought and promise of perhaps holding her own child some day soon dwelled in her mind, thoughts instantly shifting to the man whom she loved.

"Gold and green."

Myndéa smiled slightly and pushed the other fabrics aside. "The colors of your Prince... I might have known."

It had been nearly two months since Loki had asked Sigyn to marry him, and nearly as long since the engagement party. Thor and Jane had promised to stay until the wedding, something that had taken persuasion on the part of the Frost Giant. Myndéa had promised to help with planning, as Fandral still had nearly a month left until his return. Her plans after his return consisted of leaving Asgard, knowing full well that her reputation, as well as Fandral's, on Asgard had been soiled. Whether or not the blonde warrior would agree, time would tell.

Promises were being made, one especially interesting from that of Odin. At the eve of their marriage, the All-Father would step down and Loki would be crowned as King of Asgard. Upon hearing this, Loki had been taken aback. Odin, allowing him – the bastard son of Asgard, a Frost Giant – to become King? Thor had been just as surprised as his younger brother and numerous times they had gone back to the All-Father to question this. However, the King was tight-lipped and refused to speak on the matter, declaring that his mind was made up.

"Will you and Sir Fandral marry?" Sigyn interjected, still holding Nyla.

"I hope so..." Myndéa began, "I believe that he will ask for my hand upon his return, how could he not?"

Sigyn laughed and Myndéa joined in. "What of Nyla? Do you desire for more children?"

Myndéa stood, crossing the room to take the child from the blonde maiden's arms. Holding her daughter, she kissed her forehead before setting her down in her bassinet.

"I thought originally that I would have no desire to have any more children, but with the promise of having Fandral by my side... I do believe I would be happy with the notion. Have you and Loki spoken of children?"

Myndéa knew this was weighing on Sigyn's mind, the buzz of the town now shifting to wonder if a Frost Giant and a daughter of Vanaheim could conceive a child. Of course, Loki would desire a son to take the crown, but what if she could only give him daughters? Would he hate her? Love another? Chewing on her bottom lip, she shrugged slightly and wrapped her arms around her body.

"We have, and I believe he worries for the father he will be perceived as or if the child will love him."

"I believe Loki is ready, he's not the man I met on Vanheim with you – he's ready for a family with you. Besides, he has three weeks to change his mind, not that I believe he will."