Chapter 6

A/N: AND ON THIS DAY (Nov. 7, 2016) WE WERE GIVEN YOUNG JUSTICE SEASON 3 (it's for real this time). So of course, I have to give you chapter 6. 

A lot happens in this chapter and I think many of you will be happy with it. To be honest, the next several chapters are my favorite. Many of our plots are coming to a close as we start to head towards the finale of this series. The things you have asked for since Book 1 (btw that was almost 3 years ago now) are finally coming to fruition. If you have any plot questions or plot hole concerns, please do not hesitate to ask me. Doctor Strange has given me a renewed love of Marvel (and the YJ news is fueling me) and desire to finish with this story. So sit back, relax and giggle with delight over chapter 6. 

"Sigyn."

She took his breath away, the way she said his name for the first time in weeks. It was as if the very mention of the Prince's name might fizzle out the illusion she believed him to be. It was soft, quiet and did he sense a bit of love laced in her voice?

He dipped his head and smiled back at her, watching silently as she seemed be analyzing him all over again. Her eyes moved across his body until she got to his lucid green eyes. Sigyn's cheeks tinged red and she chewed on her bottom lip slightly.

"Did you mean it?" The maiden said quietly, breaking the welcomed silence.

"Mean what my Lady?" Loki's voice was as equally quiet to hers, noticing how they both drifted closer to one another.

"What you said to Lady Lynheid; even if I never remember our past or trust you again?"

She had heard their conversation. He wasn't sure if he was embarrassed or happy that she had overheard him. Still, she moved closer, the closest she had been since he had carried her to his room when they had arrived. His skin ached to touch her, even if for just a moment. Electricity buzzed between them in the stone hallway of the Asgardian palace

"Of course Sigyn, every word of it." His mouth tingled each time he said her name. 

She nodded several times, her eyes on the ground, as she seemed to be processing this new information all over again. Her feet shuffled around the stone, her voice bouncing off of them to his ears.

"Could you try?"

"I do not understand..." The god replied in confusion.

"My mind. Could you restore it? I want to know what was real and what was not. I want to remember and truly put away all that... Thanos... did to me. How can I truly begin to understand the love I have for you if I cannot separate what is real and what is not? How do I know that you care for me that much if my mind is so jumbled and confused with memories of what is real and what is fake?"

Vahalla, he could kiss her. He could kiss her and never let her surface for air again. Alas, that would not solve the problem of her mind that was caught in turmoil. Slowly letting his hands come to the front of him, he offered them to hers, palm side up.

"May I?"

Ages seemed to pass by them. Hesitantly, she nodded and took a step forward. Lowering her gaze and her head, she watched Loki's hands from her peripheral vision. Even slower than need be, he raised his hands to the side of her head, letting them hover near her temples - the heat radiating off the two of them with the need to feel one another growing. The god's hands began to glow, warmth pouring from his fingertips.

At first, the wincing and the almost inaudible noises she made almost caused him to stop. Sifting through the memories she had, the dreams Thanos had put her through... it was agonizing. Sigyn suddenly gasped, snagging his arms and her legs slightly buckled. Loki was about to stop but her quiet voice caught him off guard.