Chapter 9

A/N: AHHHHHH - actual reaction I'm sure some of you have to Loki and Sigyn FINALLY being married. Seriously, it as so nice and freeing to get that done, and while it wasn't played out exactly as I once thought, I'm still somewhat pleased with it. 

But back to our wonderful story. Being as this is one of the last books, we will revisit a few things, set up future stories for the MCU (though I know I haven't followed all of the story lines because WHATEVER). The next few chapters are fast paced, moving and revealing of how much Sigyn and Loki's life has changed since we first met them. I'm excited where this story is coming to a close and I hope you do too. Grab some leftovers from the holidays, sit back and enjoy chapter 9 :) 

Several hours later, the party ended. Thor had been dragged off, but only after Loki had restored him and Volstagg to their natural states. Many of the dignitaries had left early to return to their realms, while many of the council members and other high-class citizens stayed and continued to consume copious amounts of ale.

But at last, it was time for Loki and Sigyn to leave, something they both had been all too eager to do since the moment they locked eyes on one another on the stairs in front of the All-Father.

"Where are we going Loki? Slow down!" She laughed as he tugged her hand towards the Bifrost where Heimdall already stood guard. Her husband's long strides had been difficult to keep up with as they raced down the rainbow bridge.

Their walk slowed, the mischievous god not allowing one hint as to where they were headed. He simply nodded to the gatekeeper and the Bifrost came to life. Memories from their prior journey through the portal flashed through her mind and she suddenly became glued to the spot.

"Sigyn, I swear to you that I will not let go. Not ever."

He squeezed her hand at the same time, ensuring her that he was indeed here to stay. She gave him a half smile and quickly locked her arms around his waist. He did not protest as he gave one last smile and nod to Heimdall and stepped through the Bifrost portal.

Nausea overcame her as per usual before they landed. Soft, wet and cold snow met her feet and she nearly yelped as the cold nipped at her face and feet. Thankfully just before she had done so, Loki scooped her up and buddle her up in a coat he produced as he began walking towards a nearby cave. Her sandals changed to snow boots and her body began to warm as moved them through the harsh wasteland.

"Loki, I can walk on my own..."

"Is it not tradition on Midgard that the groom must carry his bride over the threshold?" The god inquired, looking deep into her blue eyes.

She shrugged and threw her arms around his neck, somewhat satisfied with his reasoning. "I suppose, as long as landing on cold terrain does not become a habit." Pink lips gave him a swift kiss on the cheek, as they grew closer to the cavern.

She recognized the place almost instantly – it was the very place where he had taken her several months prior. Not too far into the cave was a fire pit that contained a fire, a mound of furs and food already laid out, ready to consume.

Her feet met the floor of the cave as Loki gently set her down. Though they were inside the cave, they were just close enough to the entrance for the nip of the cold air to hit their skin. The warm fire drew her in, as did the King who quietly ushered her to the edge of the blankets where the food laid.

"I thought we might take some time away from Asgard. This is but one of a few trips I have planned for us."

"Might I ask where?" Sigyn inquired, watching him prepare a plate of food for the both of them.