Years Before

Years Before

"Alpha," a small voice asked after a gentle tap at the door.

"Come in," the man behind the desk commanded. Looking up from his son, Danny, and his puzzle.

A woman entered shutting the door behind her, she took in the scene. Her alpha playing with his son, she almost wanted to smile, but stopped herself just in time for him to clear his throat.

"Andrea, you knocked?" he perceived, his eyes curious but his voice urgent to get back to his son.

"Right," said Andrea, "as you know, me and Mike cannot have children of our own," she swallowed, coming to terms with her situation finally. "Of course, I'm sorry about the news," the alpha sympathised. He couldn't imagine what he would do without his son's, even if his wife and Luna was not the least bit interested in them.

"Well, I... you see... ugh Mike and I, we ugh we well-"

"Andrea," Brandon said. His son shifted in his lap and glanced at the woman who fidgeting ridiculously by the door. Andrea nodded, took a deep  breath and after she smiled at Danny, she asked: "we wondered if we could adopt a daughter?" she asked quickly and hopefully. If the Alpha had been human without his ability to see and hear for miles, he would have missed every word she's murmered.

The Alpha was taken aback; they'd never been in this kind of situation before. He did sympathise for Andrea, he really did, he had known her for a long time and they both went to school together when they were younger, but how could they let in an orphan? A child who had ability to blow this whole secret out of the water?

"Andrea I'm sorry, but we just can't accept a child into the pack," his voice wavered at the sight of her heart broken face. She forced a tight smile and nodded. Always so strong, he thought. 

She was still standing there, waiting to be dismissed as it were. She was trying her best not to cry, Brandon could see that, she looked on the shelf furthest away from the desk... and the Alpha. A couple of books, red, black, blue, red. They all had titles, all in golden italic writing, they were covered in dust, so much so that she couldn't even make out the first few letters of any.

The Alpha watched her for a moment and then at his son who tugged at his shirt. His dark black and orange eyes reflected the situation as if he could tell exactly what their conversation had meant.

With a deep breath, he conceded. "Andrea, you can adopt."

The hope was instantly evident. Her eyes widened, half surprise and the other shock. Her lips parted and her breathing quickened. She stopped fiddling with her hands, instead she wiped them down her summer dress, smoothing over any creases.

"Thank you," she got out. A grin had enveloped the worry which was now a distant memory.

He lifted a finger that had her silenced. "One condition. She must be a shifter." And that was it, the decision was made. He let Andrea go to find Mike and tell him the news.

"Daddy what do you think she will be like?" the Alpha's youngest son asked him, but was already concentrating on his puzzle again. "Umm... I don't know son. I hope that she will be nice," the Alpha said, smiling at the boy. "I hope she is too," said Danny, fitting the last piece of puzzle into the frame.

Hi all, just so you know, I have written stories on here before just never a werewolf one so forgive me for mistakes but all of the information I have is from the many other stories I have read.

So anyway I hope you like the first part.

Dedications for this chapter goes to - @ErikaRecinos9182001 -  for the amazing front cover and all of the covers you have made me because of my complete lack of technology skills.

Thanks everyone who is reading and will update when I can.