Chapter 17://

"Train 5-A6 will be leaving soon, please board it now."

I walked with my mom, and my dad through the subway. It was very crowded, and there was excitement everywhere. I wasn't excited though, or happy... even though my parents were. I was so miserable I couldn't even pretend to not be.

"You know, Takato, grandma is very excited to spend time with you! Oh, and they have a brand new school in the village there too, your already enrolled!" my mom said as a last effort to try cheer me up.

"Takato!" a familiar voice called out.

I turned around to see Ichiko, my ex girl-friend.

Her hair was tied into a ponytail again, and she wore a white shirt and a pair of dark overalls, with a red heart carefully stitched on it.

Ichiko's P.O.V

Takato turned around and saw me. He looked very surprised, but I could also see the sadness in his eyes. I was sad too, because I still liked him and I didn't want him to leave.

"Hey... I know you probably hate me but......."

Takato chuckled. "Do you wanna just be friends before I leave."

I smiled. "Yeah, I'm sorry for being so mean to you. I just wanted to say goodbye and.. give you some cookies I made for your trip! :) "

"Oh... Thanks."

"Sorry to interrupt, but this is the last call for train 5-A6." A lady said over the intercom.

Mrs. Katigawa nudged Takato gently.

"So... I guess this is goodbye.." I sniffled.

"Not forever... here are some bus tickets in case you want to come visit me!" Takato said, pulling out the tickets.

"Th-thank you."

"Takato, we have to board the train now." Mrs. Katigawa said.

"Well.... goodbye Takato.." I sobbed as I hugged him one last time.

"I love you Takato, and goodbye.."

After that Takato, his mom and his dad boarded the train. I watched as he sat down by the window. I could feel my eyes watering, but I held my tears back. I had to be strong for Takato."

Takato's P.O.V

I trudged a seat by the window and sat down. Outside, I saw Ichiko still smiling at waving at me. I smiled and waved at her back as the train slowly pulled out of the station.

I turned my attention to my MP3 player, but out of the corner of my eye, I saw a pink haired girl, wearing a pair of cat ears and standing in the background, crying.