Crazy

When Jungkook arrived home that night, he had expected to get beat. Or at least scolded. But no one did anything. Instead, they all just ignored him, as if he wasn't even there. He didn't mind, it was probably one of the best nights of his life. So peaceful.

      Now, Jungkook stands in the bathroom, staring at his reflection in the cracked mirror. He really did a number on himself. He looks terrible, not to mention the dark circles under his eyes that are becoming more and more obvious with every growing day.

Though today, he decides to be happy.

      He races into his bedroom and picks up the phone that's lying on his bed. He punches in numbers on the keypad and waits for it to finish ringing.

"Hello?" Says the voice on the other end of the line.

"Hi, Taehyung. Do you want to come over, today?"

"Uh... Sure. Let me ask my mom."

There's a pause, and Jungkook can tell that Taehyung is running down the stairs in his own house. He can hear the boy trip on the fourth step and tumble down the rest, dropping the phone, causing a loud screech. Jungkook only giggles at his clumsy friend.

"Sorry about that. I fell," Taehyung breathes into the phone.

"Yeah, I could tell," Jungkook chuckles.

There's another pause, and muffled talking.

"Okay, she said it's fine. I'll be over in a minute- ah!"

"You okay, Tae?" Jungkook asks when he hears his friend shout on the other end.

"Yeah, I'm good. I fell up the stairs," Taehyung sighs.

Jungkook just furrows his eyebrows. 'How do you fall up the stairs?!' Well, if anyone can manage to do it, it's Taehyung.

"Okay then. I'll see you soon," Jungkook laughs before hanging up.

He sits back on his bed and waits for his friend to arrive.

-

"Hey, I heard you got in trouble," Taehyung whispers, though there's no one around to hear.

      The two boys sit on Jungkook's bedroom floor, talking. It's been almost an hour since Taehyung arrived, and Jungkook can only wish that he stay forever.

"Yeah... I was outside when I wasn't supposed to be," Jungkook sighs.

"That's why you should've eaten lunch with me! I was all alone because of you," Taehyung pouts.

"Whatever. There's 365 days in a year. I miss one lunch with you. You aren't going to die."

"Fine," Taehyung mutters.

There's a pause.

"Do you know anything about a kid named Yoongi?" Jungkook randomly asks. Taehyung' face scrunches up at the sound of the name.

"I-I think... The name sounds familiar. Is he the kid who killed himself a few years ago?"

"I think so..."

"Oh, well he's dead."

Jungkook stares at him blankly.

"No shit."

"Hey, you asked! I'm just telling you what I know about him."

"You know anything else?"

"Well... Apparently he had a lot of problems. Kind of a weird kid... Didn't have much family. Or friends. He cried a lot, but people became numb to it. He was around nine when he killed himself. And also, people often saw him talking to himself. Just like... Having casual conversations with someone who wasn't really there. If you ask me, he seemed a little psycho."

Jungkook thinks for a second, knowing good and well that the boy wasn't talking to 'himself.' No, he was talking to his magician, Hoseok. Just like Jimin had told him.

"Well, that's a lot of information to take in," Jungkook murmurs. Taehyung only shrugs.

"Anyway... Where have you been lately? You don't talk much anymore, and you look... A mess," Taehyung observes.

"It's a long story. But anyway, I've been talking to this Jimin dude-"

"You're replacing me?!" Taehyung's eyes widen as an offended look spreads across his face.

"Shut up. Anyway, Jimin's really nice. He's helped me with my problems," Jungkook says, tugging at the carpet beneath them.

"When do I get to meet him? How old is he? Where'd he come from? How'd you meet him-"

"What's with all the questions?" Jungkook rolls his eyes.

"I'm just curious and worried, okay?" Taehyung says defensively.

"Well, he's in his twenties, he came from a white van, I met him on the side of the road a few days ago-"

"This guy sounds like a pedophile," Taehyung says doubtfully.

"A what?"

"Never mind. He just seems untrustworthy, that's all. But uh, when can I meet him?"

"Well, you can't..."

"Why?"

"It's not possible. I can only see him. He's not visible to anyone else."

Taehyung stares at him blankly, his mouth hanging open in the shape of a square.

"... Uh wow. Okay. That's... That's interesting. Sounds like a great guy-"

"Oh yeah, he's a magician."

Taehyung instantly gives Jungkook a 'What The Fuck' look.

"Are you going insane?" He asks, waving his hand in front of his eyes to make sure he's all there.

"No! I promise, I'm not crazy," Jungkook says defensively.

"Okay... whatever you say."

"Yeah, he gives me bottles of liquid that make me happy and cartons of sticks that make all my thoughts float away. He's also got red hair."

And with that, Taehyung is out the door and halfway down the street.