Fight

A year flies by.

A painful, dreadful year.

Another year spent with tears.

Jungkook pulls up to a diner, the bright sun shining above him. The restaurant isn't very busy, only containing about seven customers. But, Jungkook has to work anyway. He needs to raise money. He needs to be able to buy a house so he can escape.

He's twenty, and still lives with his parents. Though, they constantly remind him that, everyday. He parks the car, which doesn't even belong to him, and enters the diner. The smell of food instantly fills his nose, making his stomach growl. He's used to being hungry. There's usually never any food at home.

"Hey, Jungkook! How's it going? Haven't seen you in a while!" One of his co-workers calls to him from behind the counter.

"What are you talking about? It's only been two days, Baek," Jungkook responds.

Baekhyun just shrugs and continues wiping down the already clean counter.

"But seriously, where have you been?" The black haired boy asks him.

"I... I don't know. Where have I been?" Jungkook asks, and Baekhyun just looks even more confused.

"How am I supposed to know? That's why I asked you, silly," the boy says with a slight laugh. Jungkook doesn't even crack a smile.

"Anyway, why are you late? You were supposed to be here twenty minutes ago," Baekhyun says, hands on his hips. He really looks like a mom when he does that. Especially with that pink apron on.

"Is twenty minutes as bad as fourteen years?" Jungkook mumbles as he ties his own apron on. Though, his is black just like everyone else's. Baekhyun has just specifically requested that his is pink.

"What?" Baek asks, confused.

"Nothing. It's just... Life. Life happened," he sighs and heads behind the counter.

"Okay... You feeling okay? You seem a little... I don't know... Shaky," Baekhyun observes. Jungkook just shakes his head.

"I'm fine. Don't worry," he mumbles as he begins washing dishes.

"Alright... Whatever you say, man."

      And with that, the two get to work. Busting tables, taking orders, waiting on people, occasionally working the cash register, but never getting behind the grill. If they ever try cooking, the entire establishment will burn to it's foundation.

The old digital clock on the far side of the counter ticks to 11:57PM.

"Alright, you guys can pack up for the night," their boss calls from the kitchen. The two boy's gather up their few belongings and head out the door.

"Hey, what's that on your arm?" Baekhyun asks as Jungkook pushes open the door, causing his sleeve to slide down to his elbow. He quickly pulls it back up, but it's too late.

"Uh... um, nothing," Jungkook mutters as he tries to get away from him.

"Are those cuts? Are you hurting yourself?"

"No! Of course not... They're just... Uh... Cat scratches," he lies.

"Okay... When'd you get a cat?"

"You know... A-All these questions a-are really making me... Uh... W-What's the word?" Jungkook asks, his limbs shaking. No one's ever noticed his cuts before, and it's been a year since he's started doing it.

"Sorry," Baekhyun raises his hands in surrender. And for a moment, Jungkook thinks he's going to back off.

"But what are they-"

Crack!

      Jungkook's fist comes in contact with Baekhyun's nose. The black haired boy is shocked, holding his nose as he stares up at Jungkook with wide eyes.

"What was that for?!" He yells, rearing his own fist back and hitting Jungkook in the jaw. Now, he's angry.

      Jungkook kicks the boy's feet out from underneath him, causing him to lose balance and fall. He then lifts him up by his shirt collar and punches him in the stomach. Baekhyun begs him to stop, but he keeps hitting him. With every blow, Baekhyun's words become weaker and weaker, as if the boy is slowly becoming drunk.

And finally, Jungkook stops.

Though, not because he's tired, but because his manager comes and pries him off of the shaken boy.

-

"You lost your job? You lost your fucking job?!" His father shouts at him, raising his fists at him but not striking.

"Y-Yes, and I-I'm sorry. I-I'll find a new job. I p-promise," Jungkook winces from the hits he's already received from earlier.

"Whatever. You'll have to pay me a million dollars to believe that," the man scoffs and walks away, mumbling curses as he heads to his office. Jungkook just sits there and waits for his mother to come home. He'll have to break the news to her as well, and that won't be pretty.