World Of Distractions

"There you are! I've been looking all over for you," A familiar voice rings in Jungkook's ears as he approaches the white van parked on the curb.

"Well where have you been looking? I've been locked in my room for a week," Jungkook snarls, though Jimin isn't fazed by his aggression.

"I... I just wanted to talk. I've been feeling lonely, lately," the red head sighs, looking even rougher than usual.

"What's going on in your life where you look so worn out?" Jungkook asks, and Jimin just shakes his head.

"Everyday is something else. Something unexpected. Life is wearing me down, and I'm supposed to be dead! If I could die a second time, I probably would," he laughs weakly.

"Well, sit down. Let's talk," Jungkook pats the sidewalk next to him. Jimin's eyes light up but quickly go dark again as a frown spreads across his face.

"I-I can't. This isn't right. I'm supposed to help you. Not the other way around. I-I'm supposed to pretend I'm happy so you'll be happy, too," Jimin's voice cracks and Jungkook looks up to see tears in the red head's eyes.

"Hey, you can talk to me-"

"But let me listen to your problems. Let me fix you before I fix myself. I'll just stay broken until other people are happy!" Jimin sobs, almost as if he's ranting. Jungkook just looks up at him, a feeling of pity setting in.

"I'll listen to your-"

"But I know you're struggling. You're struggling more than me. I need to help you. So come with me," Jimin says, trying to calm himself down. He walks to the back of the van and Jungkook doesn't need to be told to follow along.

"Here. Take this. Don't lose it. Don't use it wrongly. Kill your demons. Your problems. I won't judge. If I could, I would do it for you. I want you to be happy. So please, use this wisely," Jimin says, and he holds out his hand.

A gun.

Jungkook stares at it before hesitantly taking it in his own shaky hands.

"A-A gun? What am I supposed to do with this?" Jungkook asks, but Jimin just turns around and closes the van doors.

"Kill," he finally says, and heads to the front of the vehicle, Jungkook following on his heels.

Jungkook is about to say something when the side of the van catches his eye. "Wait."

The words on the side of the van are slowly starting to vanish, the paint fading away. Jungkook doesn't know why it caught his eye, but he points it out, anyway.

"You should probably repaint that," he says, pointing at the almost invisible words. Jimin just shakes his head.

"I'm not repainting a lie," the red head mumbles.

"Huh?" Jungkook asks.

Jimin doesn't say anything. Instead, he grabs a permanent marker from his back pocket and takes the cap off, drawing a big red "X" over the faded word "Happiness." Jungkook watches in confusion as the man continues to graffiti his own vehicle. He takes the marker and, underneath the x-ed out happiness, he writes the word "Distractions."

Jimin's World Of Distractions

"All that stuff that I've given you... It doesn't make you happy, does it? It just distracts you from reality. Well I'm telling you now... Take that gun and snap back. Don't live in a lie. I don't want your happiness to be fake," Jimin says, his voice taking a serious tone. Jungkook nods slowly, pretending to understand.

"Good. Now go," Jimin whispers before running back to the front of the van. He doesn't even turn back before taking off and leaving for what'll seem like forever.