Cuts

"Go away, Jungkook. I don't love you, anymore."

      The words ring in Jungkook's ears as he curls up into a ball behind his bedroom door. And in that moment, he lets all the tears that he's been holding back release. The tears stream down his cheeks and onto his knees as the words repeat in his mind.

      He doesn't know why it hurts so much. He knows that she doesn't love him anymore. He knows that. So why is it so hard to hear? Maybe it's because it's never been said to him, before. He's known that that's how his mother feels. But she's never said it to his face. Not until now.

      Where is his father? He wonders that, too. He hasn't seen the man since their argument about suicide. But Jungkook doesn't know what suicide is. He hasn't even thought of it, yet.

      He hears his mother's drunken laughter come from downstairs, and it only makes him cry even more. He slightly wishes that instead, his parents were down there arguing about taxes. He much rather prefers that then what is currently happening.

And after a while, he grows tired.

Tired of all the shouting.

Tired of all the arguing.

Tired of all the fights.

The laughter.

The words.

The tears.

The silence.

The sound of his own breathing echoing in his ears.

He's tired of it all.

So what does he do?

He runs away.

-

Jungkook, who is now nineteen years old, walks down a dark and lonely sidewalk. The sound of crickets can be heard over the light breeze that is tickling his ears. The houses around him are dark.

No one is awake.

But everyone is alive.

Well, almost everyone.

He walks until he reaches a curb. And he sits there, for who knows how long. He's angry. He's different. But yet, he's all the same. If Jungkook were to tell people his story, and how things have changed, they would think it were incredible. They would think Jungkook would be happy. Glad. Thankful.

But no.

He will never let them know how his story really goes.

Jungkook waits. He waits for Jimin. He waits for the white van to pull up and give him something. Anything! That'll help him stay alive. And when the van doesn't come, it only makes him angrier.

"Where the hell are you?!" Jungkook yells into the cold atmosphere around him. The cold, empty atmosphere.

He hasn't seen Jimin since he was six.

He doesn't know why he still trusts in the man.

But sometimes when you're alone, and have no hope, you have to trust in some of the craziest things.

Yourself, included.

      He kicks around some pebbles that lay on the road beneath him. He shivers. He takes out his carton and pulls out a cigarette, lighting it before his eyes.