Epilogue

-

      Jungkook walks down a long sidewalk, the street lamps being his only source of light. It's pouring down rain, there have even been flashes of lightning. There are cars parked along the sides of the roads, but the street is still quiet. The houses are all lined up close together, looking similar to each other, just a different color. Jungkook stares down at a soaked piece of paper clutched in his hand. He reads the address and approaches a maroon colored house.

He takes a deep breath before walking up the steps and knocking on the door.

      Moments later, a short, brown haired boy with glasses opens the door and looks up at him. He can't be more than eight years old.

"Hello... Who are you?"

Jungkook clears his throat before talking.

"I'm Jungkook. I-I'm you're magician."

The door slams on his face.

"Hey, open up. Let me talk to you," Jungkook yells, banging on the door.

"Go away!" A small voice calls from inside.

"Please.. Just open up! I'm here for you. I want to help you," Jungkook begs, and after a few long minutes of standing in the cold rain, the door finally opens.

"Thank you," Jungkook says, pushing past the boy and entering the house.

"What do you want?"

"I already said, I'm here to help you," Jungkook smiles. The boy just looks afraid.

"I don't need help. I'm fine," he scoffs, closing the door behind him.

"You look like you need some happiness. I can help you be happy," Jungkook says, crouching down so they're the same height.

"I don't want to be happy."

"Nonsense, you're just bitter. Please, trust me."

There is silence.

"Okay, fine. Why should I trust you?"

"Because I have things that'll make all your problems disappear," Jungkook says, making it sound a lot more magical than it actually is. Though, the boy's eyes widen in curiosity.

"Really? I-I... Okay. What do you have?"

"Well..." Jungkook digs into his backpack and pulls out a bottle,"here, drink this. You'll forget all your troubles."

The boy takes the bottle in his grasp.

"What is it?"

"I honestly don't know... But it works!"

"Okay... Hey, what's your bag say?" The boy asks, noticing the letters stitched onto the backpack.

Jungkook's Bag Of Happiness!

"T-Thanks," the boy says after reading, lifting the bottle up to his lips.

"Hey, wait! That'll cost you. You got five bucks?" Jungkook stops him.

"Uh... Yeah," the brown haired boy says, confused. He pulls out a five dollar bill from his pocket and hands it to Jungkook.

"Thank you," he says, taking the money in his hand.

"No problem."

"I'll be back soon. See you then," Jungkook smiles, ruffling the boy's hair and opening the door.

"Okay... Bye," the child waves with a smile, showing his dimples.

Jungkook is halfway out the door when he remembers something.

"Oh wait! I forgot to ask you... What's your name?" He asks, staring down at the boy who's eyes were filled with hope.

"Kim Namjoon. Nice to meet you."